Ask A Doctor
after i have a baby i got dark sport on my leg my arm. would would be the right doctor to do it.
How much are saline implants running?
I wanted to know if Medicare or Medicaid cover liposuction? If this was going to help improve my health I would think they would be covered.I know that they cover weight loss from bypass. This is why I am asking
Ihave pigmentation on my cheek.and I would like to get surgical remove.the pigment is the of a quater
You have changed my life, my self-esteem, my attitude, my character & especially my wardrobe in a very special way Dr. Tobin. I can't thank you & everyone involved enough for taking care of me that day. It was such a pleasant experience considering what I was going thru - I wouldn't change a thing. Everyone was so nice, helpful, patient & caring.View More
Today I am doing great and I'm very happy with the decisions I have made. Dr. Tobin you helped me make a wise decision & made my life that much sweeter. I thank you for your special talent, your wisdom & especially for keeping me safe during surgery & sending me home to be with my children.
With over 35 years of experience in Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Tobin is recognized as one of the most accomplished surgeon's in the field. As a recognized pioneer in the concept of Ambulatory Surgery, Dr. Howard Tobin has contributed many innovative notions and ideas to the medical field. Throughout his 35 years of Cosmetic Surgery experience, Dr. Tobin has successfully performed thousands of surgeries both in the United States and overseas. His unparalleled experience will help you to achieve the results you so desire.
- Cosmetic Surgeons
- Facial Plastic Surgeons
After graduating from Princeton University with honors, Dr. Tobin took it upon himself to further progress the field of ambulatory surgery, specifically Cosmetic Surgery. His dedication, research, and forward thinking philosophy has helped to re-shape and even save the lives of thousands.
Dr. Tobin has also become an accomplished front-runner in the field of medicine by serving in various positions of leadership throughout his professional career. He is a past president of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and served as the liason between this accredited board and the FDA. Dr. Tobin is also a past president of the American Society of Liposuction Surgery for several years along with his seat on the Ambulatory Surgery Committee of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery from 1984 until 1990. He has twice served as the President of the Cosmetic Surgical Society of Texas.
Throughout his career, Dr. Tobin has become a dedicated teacher and author. He frequently lectures over the span of multiple continents and conducts a Fellowship Training Program in Cosmetic Surgery while serving on as a member of the faculty at the University of Texas. Dr. Tobin has authored over seventy published papers on medical literature and has written several chapter for medical textbooks.
High School: Rutgers Preparatory School,
New Brunswick, New Jersey,
graduated 1956 (ranked
second in graduating class)
College: Princeton University,
graduated 1960 cum laude -
Biology, degree, B.A.
Medical College: Baylor Medical College
Internship: Medical-Surgical Internship,
University of Virginia Hospital,
Charlottesville, Virginia, 1964-1965
Residency: General Surgery, Baylor University College of Medicine Affiliated Residency Program, 1965 -1966, M. E. DeBakey, M. D. - Chairman
Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery, Baylor U. Col. Med. Affil. Residency Program, 1966 -1969. B. R. Alford, M. D. - Chairman
Fellowship: Head and Neck Surgery, University of Cincinnati Medical College, 1971-1972, Donald A. Shumrick, M.D., Chairman. (also served as instructor in Department of Otolaryngology and Maxillofacial Surgery)
- Served as Chief of Otolaryngology Services at USAF Hospital, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas, July 1969-1971. Honorable Discharge - Rank: Major
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery - 1969
- American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery - 1985
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery - 1991
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery - Past President
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - Fellow 1972 - 1998 & Member of the Founders' Club
- American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery - Fellow 1969 - 1994
- American Academy of Aesthetic and Restorative Surgery 1998 - 1999
- American College of Surgeons - Fellow
- American Medical Association - Member 1964-1997
- American Society for Head and Neck Surgery - Fellow
- American Society of Lipo-Suction Surgery - Member
- Cosmetic Surgical Society of Texas - Founding Fellow
- Phi Beta Pi Medical Fraternity - Member
- Society of Head and Neck Surgeons - Fellow (1977-1991)
- Taylor Haskell Jones County Medical Society - Member
- Texas Medical Association - Member
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care
- Board of Directors - 1984-1996
- Facility Surveyor - 1985-present
- Survey and Standards Committee Chairman 1989-1995
- Executive Committee - 1989-1995
American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- President 1992-1994
- President Elect 1990- 1991
- Past President 1995 - 1997
- Division of Cosmetic Breast Surgery; Board of Directors - 1986-1987
- Ambulatory Surgery Committee, Chairman - 1985-1987
- Finance Committee, member - 1987 1997
- Education & Research Foundation Board of Directors - 1987-1988; Educational Committee member 1991 - 1997
- Finance Committee member, 1988-1997
- Public Relations Committee Chairman - 1989-1991
- Secretary 1987-1989
- Ambulatory Surgery Committee, Chairman 1982-90 Member 1994 - 1996
- Legislative Contact for Texas 1987- 1996.
- Socioeconomic Committee Member - 1986-90
- Nominating Committee - 1988-1989
- Head and Neck Cancer Committee - 1982-86
- Subcommittee on Quality Assurance - 1988-93
- Examiner - 1985-present
- Fellowship Coordinator - 1986-1988
- American College of Surgeons Governors Committee on Alternate Health Care Systems - 1987
- American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery - Editorial Advisory Board - 1988-present
- President - 1992 - 1994
- Immediate Past President 1995 - 1997
- Advisory Board 1987
- Board of Directors 1990 - 1997
- Vice President & Executive Director - 1987-89
- President - 1990-1992
- President - 2000-2002
- Ethicon Facial Plastic Advisory Panel 1987-1995
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services - General Plastic & Surgery Devices Advisory Panel - Breast Education Subgroup- 1989-1992. Also serve as representative of American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery to FDA.
- Humana Hospital - Abilene; Utilization review committee - 1986-1993
- Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery (medical journal) - Editorial advisory board -1990-present
- Texas MD Medical Digest - Editorial Board; 1991 - 1994.
- Texas Tech University School of Medicine Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, 1987-1990
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - Dallas, TX - Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery; 1996 - Present
- Texas Department of Health ñ Ambulatory Surgical Center legislative ad hoc committee 2000 - 2004, Committee Chairman
- Rotary International - Annual participation in Thousand Smiles Cleft Palate project - Ensenada, Mexico 1995 to 2005
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare Certificate of Appreciation 1989-90
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare Special Citation of Appreciation for Service; November 1996
- American Medical Association - Physician's Recognition Award; 1969- present
- American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Honor Award, October, 1983
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery - Recognition plaque following term of Presidency - 1995
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery - Certificate of Appreciation - 1987
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery - Best presentation at 1987 annual meeting: "Revision Mammaplasty with Replicon Prosthesis"
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Honor Award for distinguished service, 1989
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Appreciation Award for authorship of monograph on outpatient surgery , 1993
- Certificate of Excellence in Continuing Medical Education in Cosmetic Surgery, 1993 - American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
- International Academy of Aesthetic Surgery & Aesthetic Medicine - Honor Award, 1994
- International Academy of Aesthetic Surgery & Aesthetic Medicine - Appointed honorary North American President, 1995 - 2005
- Medical: Thousand Smiles Medical Mission Volunteer for cleft palate team. Travel each year to Mexico as part of surgical team. Sponsored by Rotary International.
- Aviation: Airline Transport pilot - jet rated. Multi-engine commercial pilot. Featured pilot of the month - Flying Magazine November 1986. Also featured in numerous magazine and news articles, including American Medical Association News, because of combination of flying interest and skills related to medical practice.
- Photography: Twice First Place Winner West Texas Photography contest - Professional Division
- Scuba Diving: Certified diver (PADI) with special interest in underwater photography
- Ranching, Motorcycle Riding, Jogging, Skiing