Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
Candidates for tummy tucks are men and women who are in relatively good shape but are bothered by weak abdominal muscles, a large fat deposit or loose abdominal skin that won't respond to diet and exercise. The operation is performed under anesthesia. The type of incision used depends upon the deformity present and the desires of the patient. The types of incisions can be a minimal bikini type, an extended horizontal type or a combination of a horizontal and vertical excision of skin. Tightening of the abdominal muscles is an option that, when chosen, produces a longer recovery. During your consultation with Dr. Gray, he will review your options and make recommendations as to which procedure would be best for you.
Performed By - Dr. Michael W. Gray, DO
Ask A Doctor
It’s annoying to see people reviewing surgeons on their compassion. I work in a hospital and I know surgeons have a particular personality. They are so focused on their work, sometimes their art, they don’t know how to relax and have an easy conversation. I went to Dr. Gray because he’s reputed to be that type of surgeon. An expert in his art and outcome. I wanted beautiful legs. I had a thigh tuck and some sculpting. The process was explained well and my scars are hidden nicely. The recovery time was as expected.View More
- Kelsey A, Bloomfield
The Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Center and Skin Deep Spa offers a full line of surgical and non-surgical options in a discrete and comfortable setting. The facility is equipped with a state of the art surgical facility built to the specifications of AAAAHC. The Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Center and Skin Deep Spa are located at: 6635 Daly Road West Bloomfield, MI 48322. Just one light west of Orchard Lake Road, off of Maple (15 Mile Rd).
- Medical Spas & Medspas
- Graduated Cum Laude from the University of Miami
- Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine from Southeastern University of Health Sciences – College of Osteopathic Medicine in Florida
- Residency at Midwestern University – Chicago Osteopathic Medical Centers (Chief Resident)
- Completed Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship at Midwestern University – Chicago Osteopathic Medical Centers specializing in Total Body Aesthetic Surgery accredited through the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Fellowship from the Maxillofacial Surgery Department of Northwestern University School of Dentistry in Chicago
- Basic and Advanced Trauma Life Support - 1991
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support - Instructor - 1992-1993
- Advanced Laporoscopic Techniques - Rush - Presbyterian St. Lukes Hospital - 1991
- The International Symposium and Workshop on Modern Facelift Surgery and Facial Implantoloty - Northwestern University Dental School - 1993
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons - Board Certified - 1996
- Basic Life Support - 1998
- Live Surgery Workshop - Breast Augmentation and Mastopexy - 1997
- Member of the American Academy Cosmetic Surgery
- Member of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- Member of the American Osteopathic Association
- Member of the Michigan Osteopathic Medical Association.
- Member of the Graduate Medical Academy of Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Member of the Florida Osteopathic Medical Association 1994-1995
- Member of the American Academy Aesthetic and Restorative Surgery
- Member of the American Society for Bariatric Surgery
- Member of the ACA Grants & Exhibits Committee of the ACOS 1996-1997
- Member of the Young Surgeons Committee of the ACOS 1996-1997
- Member of the Surgery Access Committee ASBS 1998
- Financing is available, please call the office for complete details.