Gastric Bypass Surgery
Gaastric bypass surgery patient
Performed By - Dr. Keith Norton Marshall, DO
Ask A Doctor
Why should I not drink carbonated beverages after Roux-en Y Bypass?
I had hype surgery 11 years ago at Columbia Presbyterian and I know weigh 250. Is there an addition procedure I can have done to lose 100 more pounds????
i had gastric bypass surgury in 2000,for some reason my top stomach seems very extended and i cant lose any weight there is this something i should get checked?
i had gastric bypass surgery in June 2003 and Dr. Viglianco performed a successful surgery and I am still keeping the weight off, I went from 267lbs to 132lbs and very happy. January I had an episode of what felt like a gall bladder attack (i do not have one) and my abdomen was severely bloated I was vomiting several times a day, my doctor took xray and said I had an obstructed bowel, well I had a colonoscopy done and I couldnt be cleaned out enough to get results that was 3/27/15 had a CTscan in april and they said it was adhesions, and another CTscan of pelvic area and abdomen and they said it was "Post op changes to stomach due to Gastric Bypass", I am still having severe swelling, in upper abdomen and dull achy pain constantly, I do not know what to do now except contact you and see if someone can help me...I have swelling everyday, sometimes i can have diarehea and other times so constipated that it hurts to even walk...Please can someone help me, as I am so frustrated and I know if I do have an Obstructed Bowel it can be fatal, I do not want to live like this anymore, can someone give me some answers please.....
I just love Dr. Marshall, he is funny and kind and understanding! Whenever I see him at my follow-ups I call him Skinny Minny because he had the surgery too which I like because he really knows what you're going through and even if he didn't have the surgery he is still a wonderful surgeon. In fact my husband is having the surgery and want Dr. Marshall to do his also!View More
Dr. Keith Marshall has been performing Bariatric Surgery since 1994. He has been well established in Michigan since 2003. He performs a full service bariatric laparoscopic surgical procedures including Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy and Gastric Band.
At the Michigan Institute of Bariatric Surgery, Dr. Keith Marshall is experienced, always available, and dedicated to ensuring that you get the best care possible. We are one of the oldest and best Bariatric Surgery Programs in Michigan. We are a full service Bariatric Surgery Program, including Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass, Lap-Band procedures as well as abdominoplasty.
Dr. Marshall is part of the Comprehensive Surgical Weight Loss program at St. John Macomb Oakland Hospital at the Oakland Center on Dequindre near 11 Mile Rd. The St. John Center of excellence program is currently the number one program in Michigan for volume. We perform more bariatric procedures than any other in Michigan in 2011. Our dedicated Bariatric Unit is the only one of its kind in Macomb County and provides a pleasant surrounding for our patients with large private rooms, special bariatric hospital beds, large chairs and specialized nursing care dedicated to your needs as our bariatric patient.
Our practice provides service to patients from the entire Northern Midwest including Michigan and Ohio. We have had patients travel from as far north as Traverse City and as far west as Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Lansing, Michigan. Many of our Ohio patients have come from Toledo, Lima, Findlay, Marion and as far as Columbus.
- Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss)
- Cosmetic Surgeons
- Weight Loss Specialists
- Born : Portland Maine 02-17-1953
- Moved to Montreal, Quebec, Canada in 1960
- University: Concordia of Montreal, Graduated in 1975, B.Sc. (Honours) in Biology, Genetics.
- Medical School: Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville Missouri, Grad: 1979.DO
- Internship: Osteopathic General Hospital, N. Miami Bch, Fla., Grad: 1980, Rotating Internship.
- Resident: First year Resident in Urology, SouthEastern Medical Center, N. Miami Bch, Fla.,
- Resident: Second to Fourth year General Surgery Resident, Mt. Clemens, MI, General Surgery.
- Bariatric Experience in Florida: Daytona Beach, 1994-2002. 350 cases Open
- Bariatric Experience in Michigan: Warren, 900 open cases, 1100 cases laparoscopic.
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (ACOS)
- Society of Gastro-Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Michigan Bariatric Society (MBS)
- Michigan Osteopathic Association (MOA)
- Maconb County Osteopathic Society(MCOS)
- American Osteopathic Board of Surgery (AOBS)
Please contact the office for complete details.