Ask A Doctor
My doctor and surgeon, Dr. Barnes, is one of the most professional, dedicated, compassionate, and caring doctors I've ever known. You couldn't be in better hands.View More
- Karen H.
What Does Dr Barnes offer?
Weight loss surgery is recognized as the most effective treatment for morbid obesity. Dr Barnes's practice offers several weight loss surgery procedures, including laparoscopic gastric bypass, lap band, sleeve gastrectomy and revision procedures.
Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass involves making a small gastric pouch and bypassing the stomach. This operation results in the highest weight loss (75-80% excess weight loss), high percentage of improvement or cure of many related diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, reflux, fatty liver, sleep apnea and many more. Amazingly, most of these improvements occur in the first few weeks in many patients and weight loss is complete in 1 year in most people.
Lap band is the placement of a band around the top of the stomach with an inflatable balloon on the inside that is inflated slowly over several months till it makes the patient full on less food and weight loss occurs.
Sleeve gastrectomy involves converting the stomach into a stomach tube making the patient full on less food and providing weight loss equivalent to the band without adjustments.
Revision surgery is a reoperation of a prior weight loss surgery such as stomach stapling (VBG), ap band or gastric bypass because they are either problematic or are not losing enough weight.
You will not have just a surgical procedure, but access to personalized support before your surgery and long after it. We offer you committed help for a life long solution to obesity.
- Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss)
- Weight Loss Specialists
- University of Texas at Arlington - Bachelor of Science in Biology, summa cum laude
- Baylor College of Medicine - Medical Degree
- Western Pennsylvania Hospital/Temple University Medical School Western Clinical Campus - General Surgery Residency
- Western Pennsylvania Hospital/Temple University Medical School Western Clinical Campus - Chief Resident 2003-2004
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Society of Laparoscopic Surgery
- Center of Excellence Surgeon (COE)
Chase Health Finance