X's Q & A

Q&A: What kind of doctor do I need to take my baby to for head shaping due to brachycephaly?

The first thing you should do, if you have not already, is to schedule a check-up with your Family Doctor or Pediatrician. Then he or she can check your baby and refer you to the appropriate specialist if indicated.

Thank you for your question.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends repositioning, stretching and monitoring before trying to reshape a child with brachycephaly.
If the problem persists, referral to a pediatric neurologist may be warranted. Check with your pediatrician for complete guidelines and recommendations.

© Copyright 2018 LocateADoc. All rights reserved.