X's Q & A

Q&A: What can I do to help my eye that's becoming sunken and small?

This is not a condition that we treat.  We would treat the loose skin around the eye, but not the condition that you mentioned.  This would not fall under the scope of plastic surgery.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have received feedback from a couple of our doctors regarding your question. As with all descriptions of symptoms, it is impossible to diagnose your problems without first having an examination from the physician. Based upon the symptoms that you describe, this could be any number of problems. You would be well served to seek out the services of an Oculoplastic specialist, as thyroid orbital disease can occur regardless of thyroid treatment. Silent sinus syndrome would require a CT scan in order to diagnose. If you are experiencing any pain or vision loss, you should seek emergency treatment right away. This condition could also be the result of ptosis, a drooping of the eyelid that can cause one eye to look smaller than the other. In any case, we recommend that you make an appointment with an ophthalmologist as soon as possible to determine what is causing your symptoms. If you would like to make an appointment with our Oculoplastic specialist, please contact us and set up an appointment with Dr. Christina Choe. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

-Rick Holmes, Administrator, Carolina Ophthalmology, PA

© Copyright 2018 LocateADoc. All rights reserved.