The Cleveland Clinic
The Cleveland Clinic offers a full range of treatment options for infertility at a variety of convenient locations. We are here to help you learn more about in vitro fertilization and other infertility services.
The Cleveland Clinic fertility program provides the full range of state-of-the-art services for the diagnosis and treatment of infertility. Caring environment, technological excellence, accessibility, personal attention, and emotional support.
Cleveland Clinic - Infertility
Our fertility centers provide the full range of state-of-the-art services for the diagnosis and treatment of infertility, including in vitro fertilization. While many people associate infertility treatment with in vitro fertilization there are other fertility services available. Most patients can be effectively treated with simpler means than in vitro fertilization.
What causes infertility?
Infertility can be caused by a number of different factors. In the female, they may include ovulation dysfunction, tubal blockage, endometriosis or structural abnormalities of the uterus such as fibroids. The male partner may have anatomic or hormonal problems that reduce the number and quality of sperm.
In many cases, even with the most comprehensive evaluation, no single factor can be identified as the cause. Fortunately, when the cause of infertility cannot be determined, effective treatments are still available.
You may have many questions about treatment and fertility options. Request a copy of The Cleveland Clinic Guide to Infertility.
- When should a couple seek an infertility evaluation?
- What diagnostic tests are done for infertility?
- What are the options for male infertility?
- What infertility treatments are available?
- Is egg donation or surrogacy an option?
- Does the Clinic offer emotional support in addition to medical treatments?
When should a couple seek help?
Generally, if a couple has not conceived within one year of trying, it’s time
to consider seeing a fertility specialist.
To schedule a consultation with a Cleveland Clinic fertility specialist please Contact us for a female factor evaluation, or for a male factor evaluation.
If you are searching for a fertility center consider Cleveland Clinic's fertility program with offices at Main Campus, Fairview Hospital as well as within our family health centers in Avon, Beachwood, Solon, Strongsville and Twinsburg. In addition to the above fertility centers, arrangements can be made for patient monitoring in Canton, Erie, Pittsburgh, Columbus and several other locations.
"People think once you're stuck, you're stuck, but there are people who can make wonderful things happen." Jason Schiraldi
Meet Kenley of Campbell, Ohio! She was born April 2011 and is the result of a long-shot infertility treatment.
Cleveland Clinic IVF experts say is the first time a single sperm has been frozen, injected into a single egg resulting in a healthy pregnancy.
Nina Desai, director of the IVF laboratory at the Cleveland Clinic developed a ground-breaking technique that can find and store tiny amounts of sperm - or even just one - in a drop of fluid inside a straw as thin as a sewing needle. The sperm can then be frozen and later thawed for use in an in-vitro fertilization technique known as intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).
The egg was successfully fertilized using the ICSI procedure. Three days later, it had divided into a viable embryo and was implanted in Jennifer's womb. Sixteen days after that, she was confirmed pregnant.-Jennifer & Jason, Proud Parents of Kenley
- The IVF lab has 16 incubators, eight microscope stations, Ohio's only Embryoscopes (we have 3), which is an FDA-approved time-lapse incubator for imaging embryo development in real time, a laser for assisted hatching, and micromanipulation stations for ICSI or prenatal genetic diagnosis.
- The IVF laboratory is complemented by the most comprehensive and sophisticated andrology laboratory in the region.
- Patients seen at the Fertility Center have full access to all of the infertility and ancillary services available at Cleveland Clinic, including dedicated and experienced infertility nurses, mental health professionals, acupuncture and radiology.
Some of our most asked about procedures: Artificial Insemination, In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Egg Freezing, ICSI (Microfertilization), MESA (Sperm Recovery)
Areas Served: Cleveland, Canton, Akron, Columbus, Dayton, Erie, Pittsburgh