Shelly Friedman, D.O., FAOCD
Founding President of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Shelly Friedman, D.O., FAOCD - Gives FREE Consultations!
Dr. Friedman will develop a customized hair transplant surgery plan that is unique to each patient and promises to deliver the most natural looking, undetectable results possible for an affordable price.
Dr. Shelly Friedman
Natural Looking, Undetectable Hair Transplants
If you are considering hair transplant surgery as the way to restore your hair permanently you want your results to look natural, and undetectable to others.
Dr. Friedman is able to achieve natural looking results through the use of his extensive experience, artistry, and the latest advancement and techniques.
During your free hair transplant consultation, Dr. Friedman will ask questions and learn about your personal hair restoration goals. You will also undergo and examination to discuss the different variables in achieving the best results including: hair color, density, age, degree of hair loss, how your hair used to look, and how your hair loss might continue to proceed as you grow older.
Dr. Friedman will develop a customized hair transplant surgery plan that is unique to you and promises to deliver the most natural looking, undetectable results possible for an affordable price with $3 to $4 Hair Grafts and up to a $500 Travel Allowance.
We also offer non-surgical weight loss treatments utilizing the Zerona laser therapy. Thanks to advances in cold laser lipolysis technology, many patients lose inches off their waist, hips, love handles, and thighs - all while relaxing in a comfortable position for just 20 minutes at a time. If you are looking for body contouring in the greater Phoenix area, contact Dr. Friedman today to find out how he can help you look and feel better.
Dr. Friendman had been featured in countless media oulets and is affiliated with several different societies.
Hair Restoration Procedures
- Follicular Unit Grafting (FUG): The donor hair is harvested by excising a narrow strip of tissue in the form of an ellipse from the back of the scalp where the follicles are resistant to hair loss. The donor strip is then slivered or divided into very fine scalp sections measuring approximately 2mm in thickness utilizing stereoscopic dissecting microscopes. The length of the graft is then measured and carefully placed in a blade holder to match the length exactly. Since every person’s grafts measure a different length, we are duplicating nature and assuring the best cosmetic outcome.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): Follicular unit extraction, or FUE, is a procedure in which naturally occurring follicular units of 1 to 4 hairs are removed – one at a time- from the donor area for transplantation to an area needing hair. Unlike strip harvesting, which is performed with a blade and leaves a fine scar where the incision is made, follicular unit extraction uses a punch-like scalpel that leaves small circular holes that are approximately 1 mm in diameter. The holes generally heal with a barely perceivable scar easily camoflauged by remaining hair. The extraction sites do not require suturing and are left to heal on their own
- Eyebrow Transplant: Eyebrow hair transplantation is performed on an outpatient basis. During your procedure, a small strip of hair is removed from an inconspicuous donor area on the scalp. The medical team then uses a microscope to divide that strip of donor hair into SINGLE hair follicular units. By transplanting the hairs one by one, Dr. Friedman can place them with careful precision to the arch, angle, and direction in such a way they would naturally grow. Depending on what is both required and desired by the patient, Dr. Friedman will place between 100 to 400 single hairs into each eyebrow in a procedure that will last 2 to 4 hours.
- Facial Hair Transplant: Facial hair transplantation is typically performed on an outpatient basis. A strip of hair is removed from an inconspicuous donor area on the scalp. Following the procedure, you might experience some mild discomfort and occasionally, patients experience swelling that is quickly resolved. Over the next few months, the new hairs will fall out (this is completely normal) and then regrow from the transplanted hair follicle. As the transplanted hairs grow into their new position, they won’t fall out ever again. In fact, you will need to trim and/or shave the new hairs as they will continue to grow.
- Body Hair Transplant: A strip of hair is removed from an inconspicuous donor area. The doctor then uses a microscope to section the strip of hair into micrografts for transplantation containing just one or, occasionally, two hairs. By transplanting the hairs one by one, Dr. Friedman can place them with excellent precision, positioning them the way they would naturally grow. The results are full and natural-looking.
- Laser Hair Restoration: Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is a nonsurgical treatment for men and women experiencing hair loss. The low level lasers are called “soft” or “cold” lasers since they do not emit heat, sound, or vibration. Unlike surgical lasers that either vaporize or burn tissue, low level lasers do not generate heat or cause tissue injury. Low Level Laser Therapy has been extremely successful for women experiencing Female Pattern Hair Loss. Unlike males, who bald, females typically see a diffuse pattern of scalp hair loss. As long as there are miniaturized, residual hairs present, there is a very good chance of reversing the miniaturization and stopping future hair loss.
Thank you Dr. Friedman for giving me the opportunity to enjoy my life again.
Your expert methods, and your caring staff offered the best in medical hair transplant, with literally no pain, at all! Because of your excellent work, people can't even guess my age now. I can swim, lift weights, work, play, and have fun again, without anyone staring at my forehead. And my personal life has never been better either! It feels good to look years younger, and be able to be part of life, instead of just looking at it from the outside.
Your work has changed my life, and I can never repay you enough!-Thank you,, Bob
- Founding President of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery.
- Dr. Friedman has been performing Hair Transplants for 26 years.
- Affordable hair transplant cost with $3 to $4 hair grafts and up to $500 travel allowance.
- Performed more than 15,000+ hair transplant procedures.
- Serving Phoenix Metro Area.
Some of our most asked about procedures: Hair Transplants (Eyebrow), Hair Transplant Repair, Laser Hair Restoration, Female-Pattern Baldness, Hair Transplant (Restoration)
Areas Served: Phoenix, Mesa, Peoria, Tempe, Gilbert, Chandler, Tucson, Flagstaff, Maricopa, Buckeye