Personal Plastic SurgeryCosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery (BOTOX®)
Sanjay Lalla, MD
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
What is your charity organization of choice and why?
I work with many different charity organizations. Every year I spend 1-2 weeks in medically underserved countries performing volunteer surgeries on children. I have been to India, Thailand, Phillipines, South America, Southeast Asia and Africa. I find these to be very rewarding trips and usually operate on 50 to 100 disfigured children per trip.
When (your age) did you first realize you wanted to become a surgeon? And did you experience anything in particular to motivate you to achieve this prestigious goal?
I think that I always knew that I would be a Doctor. Both of my parents were physicians. I grew up in hospitals. At the age of 16 I was a Operating Room orderly. I feel like this was my calling and never wanted to do anything else.
Can you tell us in your own words what you consider a perfect outcome of a surgical procedure?
A perfect outcome of a surgical procedure is when my patient is truly happy!
What procedure would you like to do more of and why?
I really like doing post weight loss procedures. When patients lose massive amounts of weight they still have excess skin which usually can't be improved with diet and exercise. Once the skin is removed, patients go through a transformation and look wonderful and are extremely happy. It's rewarding to watch them reach their goals.
In a perfect world, when would you like to retire, where would you go and what would you do?
I would like to travel more and get more involved in volunteer reconstructive work for underprivileged children
- Secondary Education: The Pingry School in New Jersey.
- Undergraduate Degree as well as his Medical Degree: Boston University School of Medicine in a prestigious accelerated program.
- After medical school he trained in General Surgery at Saint Barnabas Medical Center and is board certified in General Surgery.
- Dr. Lalla went on to complete a two year fellowship in Plastic Surgery at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
- Since completion of his fellowship he has been in private practice with offices in West Orange and Jersey City.
- The New York Society of Plastic Surgery.
- The New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Lalla is also the Chief of Plastic surgery at Jersey City Medical center.
Contact a Doctor
Use the form below to request more information from a doctor in your area.
Share This Page
Credit Cards Accepted
United Health Care
United Health Plan
Most Insurance Plans Accepted. Please contact the office for complete details and questions.
Cost of Consultation