Robert Savage, M.D., - Boston Wellesley Plastic SurgeryCosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery (BOTOX®), Vein Treatment
Robert Savage, M.D.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
What is your charity organization of choice and why?
St Francis House Boston - provides comprehensive care in all dimensions to the less fortunate.
What makes your specialties the right fields of medicine for you?
Plastic surgery is the perfect blend of the art and science in medicine and allows one to use their creativity and artistry.
Finish this sentence: If I weren't a doctor I would be___.
Playing for the Red Sox.
When (your age) did you first realize you wanted to become a surgeon? And did you experience anything in particular to motivate you to achieve this prestigious goal?
I became interested in plastic surgery as a 4th year medical student while on rotation at N.Y.U. Medical Center/Bellevue Hospital in New York.After seeing the tremendous work done there in cosmetic surgery, hand surgery, microsurgery and craniofacial reconstruction on birth defects I was hooked.
Can you tell us in your own words what you consider a perfect outcome of a surgical procedure?
Happy patient/happy doctor. Minimal pain or scarring.
What is your favorite procedure to perform and why?
I enjoy the entire field of plastic and cosmetic surgery,the variety keeps it fresh and exciting.
In a perfect world, when would you like to retire, where would you go and what would you do?
Retire? This job is why too much fun.
What Sets Us Apart
We treat people like human beings with respect and with keen eye for safety. We try and explain things in English, not scientific gargon so all can be easily understood. Try to maintain our sense of humor and act like real people, not stuffed shirts.
Wesleyan University, 1973 B.A.cum laude
Jefferson Medical College, 1977 M.D.Residency
General Surgery, Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital 1977-1980
Plastic Surgery, Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital 1980-1982Fellowship
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 1982-83
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts-license to practice medicine, 1982
- Diplomate - American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1984
- Massachusetts Medical Society, 1982 - Present
- Massachusetts Society of Plastic Surgeons, 1985 - Treasurer 1997, Secretary 1998-2001
- Middlesex South District Medical Society, 1984
- New England Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons, 1985
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 1985
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons, 1986
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons, 1994 - Chairman-Ethics Committee 2006
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, 1995
Among Dr. Savage's many accomplishments:
- Assistant Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School
- Past President of the New England Society of Plastic &Reconstructive Surgeons
- Past Officier of the Massachusetts Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Selected as one of "America's Top Surgeons" by Consumer's Research Council of America in 2009, 2010,2011
- Selected as a Castle Connolly "Top Doctor" for Massachusetts in 2008
Contact a Doctor
Use the form below to request more information from a doctor in your area.
Share This Page
Credit Cards Accepted
Great West Life
United Health Care
United Health Plan
Call the office for complete details
Most Insurance Plans Accepted. Please contact the office for complete details and questions.
Cost of Consultation
$100 fee applied toward surgery