If you're considering teeth whitening, before and after pictures can provide a wealth of information to help you envision what the results of your procedure will look like. With a seemingly endless array of pictures found on LocateADoc.com, you get a snapshot of expert work performed by talented doctors nationwide.
In order to increase the hue and shade of your teeth, doctors must essentially open the pores of your teeth's enamel. Underneath the enamel is a tooth surface called dentin that is typically yellow. In order to whiten this dentin, doctors open up the pores of the enamel, allowing a peroxide solution to reach the dentin layer and thereby causing brighter, whiter teeth.
As with any dental procedure, there are risks involved, but teeth whitening remains one of the safest dental procedures around. The process may, however, cause increased sensitivity to temperature, pressure, and touch. You may also experience gum irritation that can last several days. Individuals with the greatest risk are those who suffer from gum recession or significant cracks in their teeth.
How should I prepare for a teeth whitening procedure?
- Have realistic expectations as it may take several attempts to reach the color you want.
- Don't expect complete permanency as teeth tend to naturally pick up stains over time.
- Discuss your goals and expectations with your dentist before undergoing the procedure.
If you are thinking about undergoing a tooth whitening, before and after pictures found on LocateADoc.com can help you make a final decision. We also provide in-depth articles, and doctor's profile to help make the process as stress-free as possible.
Bruce J Wilderman, DDS
72 year old, Female
David C. Bonadeo, D.D.S.
Mary Swift, DDS
Susan M Dennis, DDS
Craig A. Sater, DDS
56 year old, Male
Kathy Frazar, DDS
24 year old, Male
Kevin Sands, DDS
38 year old, Male
Beverly Hills, CA
Kevin Michael Landers, DDS
37 year old, Female
Contact a Doctor
Use the form below to request more information from a doctor in your area.
- Avg. Cost: $500
- Candidate: Stained, yellowed or discolored teeth
- Length: In office: 1 hour, At home: several hours
- Treatment: In office: One, At home: at least three days
- Results: Long-lasting
- Back to Work: Sensitivity for 1-2 days