Sclerotherapy before and after photos can give you an idea of what your individual results may look like. While this treatment is not for everyone, LocateADoc.com has written this procedure profile so that you have the information you need to make a sound decision to move forward.
Sclerotherapy is a procedure to reduce the look of visible blood vessels or vascular malformation on the surface of the skin. This is most appropriate for people who have fair skin and visible spider veins. Sclerotherapy effectively treats these visible veins by injecting a solution into the vessels to causes them to shrink. It is approved for both children and adults.
This vein therapy causes temporary side effects including bruising, darkening of the skin, and small sores at the site of injection. Risks range from inflammation and allergic reactions to blood clots and air bubbles. It is important to review your unique risk factors with your doctor.
How should I prepare for Sclerotherapy?
- Explore your full range of vein therapy options before choosing sclerotherapy
- Talk to your GP about your health risks and eligibility
- Patients should have reasonable expectations of possible results
Now that you know more about sclerotherapy, before and after photos can help you feel more confident about what’s achievable. When you’re ready to consult with a doctor, find an office near you by browsing LocateADoc.com profiles.
Monica Gavin, MD, MBA, Major USAF
John L. Porcaro, MD FACS FAACS ABHRS ABCS
50 year old, Female
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Stephen Richard Weinman, MD
45 year old, Male
Peterson Pierre, MD
Thousand Oaks, CA
Susan Stevens Tanne, MD
Contact a Doctor
Use the form below to request more information from a doctor in your area.
- Avg. Cost: $1000
- Candidate: Discuss with your vein doctor
- Length: Depends on treatment type
- Treatment: 3-4 treatments Injections
- Results: See our vein before and after gallery
- Back to Work: See vein recovery