Peter Raphael, MD
- Peter Raphael, MD - Gives FREE Consultations!
American Institute for Plastic Surgery
After striking up a professional relationship a few years ago, Dr. Peter Raphael and Dr. Scott Harris found they that they share a similar vision: to create a surgical center committed to the advancement of plastic and cosmetic surgery in a nurturing environment that provides the pinnacle of excellence for its patients. To achieve that goal, these two board-certified physicians recently announced they were joining forces to create the American Institute for Plastic Surgery, a world class, 15,000-square-foot center located adjacent to the Medical Center of Plano.
This partnership is a truly synergistic one. The similarities between the two physicians, both in lifestyle and philosophy, are remarkable. Both were raised in Dallas and went to medical school there; both completed a full general surgery residency and in plastic surgery. Dr. Raphael and Dr. Harris share a common personal interest in art and architecture. Both are painters, and both of their mothers are fine artists. Both have a tremendous appreciation for music, literature, and theater. Because of this sensitivity to the artistic realm, Dr. Raphael and Dr. Harris bring an unusually strong aesthetic sense to their work, a keen understanding of balance, proportion, and beauty.
Dr. Raphael and Dr. Harris routinely treat patients who make the trek to Dallas from around Europe and South America. Why do these people come to the Metroplex when they have access to local facilities in their own city or state?
They're looking for a care combination of service: the highest level of artistic, technical, and professional excellence available in the field, along with the down-to-earth, caring approach that characterizes the doctors' styles.
Dr. Raphael and Dr. Harris both place a strong emphasis on taking time to develop real rapport with their patients and listening carefully to their needs and desires. "We take a very personalized approach with each patient. It's so important to be able to talk to your doctor, because many times patients are sharing their most personal concerns with us. We feel the patient-physician relationship should be a team approach". When we consult with a patient we first focus on a persons' individual concerns and what they are trying to achieve. If their goals are realistic, we then structure a surgical plan to help achieve their goals.
Integrity is also a hallmark of both surgeons' philosophies. If a potential client's expectations are too unrealistic or they want a procedure for the wrong reasons, both say they feel it is their professional responsibility to advise against it. "Our first goal when we consult with a patient is to really get to know that person and assess whether or not they're here for the right reasons. If they're not, we won't send them down the wrong road."
In addition to a strong focus on developing personal, one-on-one relationships with patients, the Institute will also become home in the near future to the Athena Clinics, a brainchild of Dr. Harris. This online clinic will give the two physicians the ability to consult with other plastic surgeons around the world by sending photos over the Internet. This will be available in the near future. "The world is getting smaller, and we want to be able to serve the multinational population of Dallas AND take advantage of the benefits that the Internet can offer. For example, if I have a Japanese patient who wants to hear what the best surgeon in Japan has to say as a consult, we can do it." The end result? Instant access to the best minds and ideas that are available in cosmetic and plastic surgery on the planet today.
Dr. Raphael was born in Cuba and moved to the United States with his family at the age of three. Growing up in Texas with a father who is a physician and a mother who is an artist made a career in plastic surgery a natural choice where art and medicine blend together.
Dr. Raphael attended undergraduate school at the University of Dallas, completed his medical training at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School at Dallas and remained in Dallas, Texas for his general surgery residency. He then accepted a residency in plastic surgery at the University of Illinois and, after completion of his training, he returned to Texas where he has been in private practice in Plano since 1992.
Dr. Raphael enjoys spending time with his wife, Linda, and his four children and grandson. For relaxation he writes and paints and for adventure he climbs mountains throughout the world.
Dr. Raphael has presented his surgical techniques at state and national meetings and has been a featured surgeon on a Showtime documentary movie and the Discovery Channel Super Surgery series. He is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and co-founder of the American Institute for Plastic Surgery.
- We have an exceptionally caring and personable staff. Many of our staff members have worked with our doctors for much of their medical career. This strong bond has allowed for a superb work relationship that translates to our patients. Our patients find themselves so well cared for that they come again and again. Likewise, they love to refer their friends and family to our practice.
- Our nursing staff is SUPERB. Not only do our nurses have decades of plastic surgery experience, they are gentle and caring and take enormous pride in their handling of our patients.
- We offer a state of the art Ambulatory Surgery Center called Summit Surgery Center where we perform all cosmetic procedures. Summit Surgery Center is located on site and is licensed by the Texas Department of Health and Medicare. We are also conveniently located adjacent to Medical Center of Plano.
- Our patient consultants are the first staff members to meet with our cosmetic patients. They skillfully explain the procedures to our new patients as well as guide them through to surgery. They take great pride in answering questions acurately and preparing patients for what's to come before and after surgery.
- We also offer many wonderful non-surgical services. Patti Thoren performs endermology which is a great accompaniament to liposuction or on its own if you are battling cellulite. Misty Brown Thomas offers permanent makeup services that include the tattooing of lips, eyeliner, and eyebrows. She is also very talented when it comes to the final touches some patients require in the course of breast cancer reconstruction. Keith Baxley, is a licensed medical Aesthetician and certified laser technician who offers non-surgical facial rejuvination and age management procedures, including laser hair removal, IPL foto facial and Accent. In addition, we sell select cosmeceutical skincare products.
Some of our most asked about procedures: Breast Augmentation (Breast Implants), Lip Augmentation, Liposuction Surgery (Lipoplasty), Facial Rejuvenation, Vaginal Rejuvenation
Areas Served: Dallas, Frisco, McKinney, Irving, Highland Park, Allen, Ft. Worth, Plano, Park Cities, Richardson