Myur S Srikanth, MD, FACS
Bariatric Treatment Focused on the Individual
Educate. Evaluate. Empower.
There is no ?one size fits all? solution when it comes to your health and well-being, and it?s important that you know you have options when it comes to your bariatric surgery. That is why we offer free, informational seminars to help you understand your options.
Dr. Srikanth performs virtually every operation currently available to treat this disease. During your initial consultation, you and the surgeon will discuss the benefits and specifics of each operation, and eventually decide which option is best for you.
We believe in empowering our patients throughout their entire weight loss journey and offer a comprehensive after-care program, including a monthly support group.
Center for Weight Loss Surgery
Welcome to the Center for Weight Loss Surgery—a state-of-the-art Center of Excellence for bariatric surgery. Dr. Srikanth specializes in patient-focused, laparoscopicandrobotic weight loss surgery.
Our philosophy is to provide every patient with comprehensive, individualized care, outstanding outcomes, and continuous support and follow-up.
We educate and empower our patients by providing them with various options and tools to reach their weight loss goals, and every member of our team is dedicated to helping our patients be successful with the weight loss surgery of their choice.
The Center for Weight Loss Surgery has been designated as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) in recognition of excellent outcomes, commitment to long-term follow-up, patient education and support. Everything about our practice is intended specifically for the comfort of bariatric patients, from staff training to office furnishings.
Dr. Srikanth has been practicing bariatric surgery exclusively since 2000. He has performed more than 3,000 weight loss surgeries, with more than 2,000 of them done laproscopically or robotically. Dr. Srikanth performs virtually every operation there is available to treat obesity, including the Sleeve Gastrectomy, Adjustable Gastric Band, Proximal Gastric Bypass, Medial Gastric Bypass, and the Duodenal Switch. He also specialized in laparoscopic revision surgeries for patients with prior weight loss surgeries.
For those patients who have lost a significant amount of weight, Dr. Srikanth also performs cosmetic procedures such as tummy tucks and full body lifts.
Weight Loss Surgery Options
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Adjustable Gastric Band – (Lap-Band®, Realize-C®)
- Duodenal Switch
- Proximal Gastric Bypass (Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass)
- Medial Gastric Bypass
- Revision Surgery (from prior weight loss surgery)
The stretchy upper and outermost portion of the stomach is removed laparoscopically, decreasing the capacity of the stomach from 1 quart to 2-4 ounces. Weight loss is achieved by restricting the quantity of food consumed and also by significantly reducing the production of the appetite hormone, ghrelin, in the stomach. There is no rerouting of the intestines in this procedure, and the stomach remains near-normal, meaning patients can usually eat near-normal meals in regards to quality (not quantity).
The sleeve gastrectomy is ideal for frequent travelers and busy professionals. Unlike the adjustable gastric band, there is no foreign body introduced. This is also an excellent surgical option for patients with inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn’s Disease, or those on immuno-suppression or other intestinal conditions including patients with intestinal adhesions from prior abdominal surgeries.
Adjustable Gastric Band Surgery
Proximal Gastric Bypass (Proximal Roux-en-y Gastric Bypass)
Resectional Proximal Gastric Bypass
This is a specialized type of proximal gastric bypass, where the bypassed stomach is removed. This may be necessary in patients whose stomach is diseased.
Medial Gastric Bypass (Medial Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass)
Revision of prior weight loss surgeries can be done depending on the type of initial bariatric surgery:
- Adjustable Gastric Band to Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Adjustable Gastric Band to Duodenal Switch
- Adjustable Gastric Band to Gastric Bypass
- Revision surgery on prior Gastric Bypass
- Conversion from prior anti reflux operation to Duodenal Switch & Gastric Bypass
I've tried different diets and different gyms with limited, non-lasting results. My highest recorded weight was 286 pounds and I was wearing a size 22/24 size pants. I reached a point in my life when I just knew that now was the time. I didn't want to wait until I was older and had any comorbidities, I wanted to have this surgery while I was still young and could get the most out of life. Since my surgery I have lost 120+ pounds and couldn't be happier with my results less than 1 year out from surgery.-Veronica, Puyallup, WA
- The Center for Weight Loss Surgery has been designated as a Bariatric Surgery "Center of Excellence" by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).
- Board certified surgeon, Dr. Srikanth, has been performing bariatric surgery exclusively since 2000. He has performed more than 3,000 weight loss surgeries.
- Dr. Srikanth specializes in minimally-invasive, laparoscopic and robotic-assisted weight loss surgery, meaning our patients usually experience less pain and recover faster than those with traditional open surgery.
- Dr. Srikanth performs virtually every operation that is available to treat obesity, including the Sleeve Gastrectomy, Duodenal Switch, Gastric Bypass, Adjustable Gastric Band and Revision Surgery.
- Dr. Srikanth performs cosmetic procedures after massive weight loss, including Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck), Thigh Lift and Liposuction.
Some of our most asked about procedures: Gastric Banding Surgery, Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery, Duodenal Switch, Revision Surgery, Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery
Areas Served: Seattle, Kirkland, Federal Way, Redmond, Bellevue, Tacoma, Puyallup, Gig Harbor, Issaquah, Olympia