Myur S Srikanth, MD, FACS
Bariatric Treatment focused on the Individual
Educate. Evaluate. Empower.
We strongly believe that patients need to have options when it comes to having bariatric surgery.
Do your research and know the different surgeries available. Know that "One Type Does Not Fit All."
We begin the process by providing our patients with information on the different types of weight loss surgeries at our seminars.
When you come in for your initial consult with the surgeon, both the surgeon and you will be discussing about these surgeries and chose the right type of surgery for you.
Having choices empowers our patients with the ability to choose the right type of surgery.
Center for Weight Loss Surgery
Welcome to the Center for Weight Loss Surgery, a state-of-the-art, patient focused, “Center of Excellence” (COE) practice forlaparoscopic weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery). Our philosophy is to provide weight loss surgery options with emphasis on outstanding comprehensive patient care, support, outcome and continuous follow-up. We strongly believe that the surgical approach for each patient should be individualized. Our team is dedicated to helping our patients be successful with the weight loss surgery of their choice.
Weight Loss Surgery Options
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Adjustable Gastric Band – (Lap-Band®, Realize-C®)
- Duodenal Switch
- Proximal Gastric Bypass (Roux-en-y gastric bypass)
- Medial Gastric Bypass
- Revision Surgery (from prior weight loss surgery)
- Two types of bands are available in the USA Lap Band® and REALIZE-C®
The upper and outer most stretchable portion of the stomach is removed laparoscopically, thereby decreasing the capacity of the stomach from a quart to 2 - 4 ounces. Weight loss is achieved by restricting the quantity of food consumed and also by significantly reducing the production of the appetite hormone (ghrelin) in the stomach. There is no rerouting of the intestines.
Adjustable Gastric Band Surgery
Proximal Gastric Bypass (Proximal Roux-en-y Gastric Bypass)
Resectional Proximal Gastric Bypass
Medial Gastric Bypass (Medial Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass)
Revision of prior weight loss surgeries can be done depending on the type of initial bariatric surgery.
- Adjustable Gastric Band to Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Adjustable Gastric Band to Duodenal Switch
- Adjustable Gastric Band to Gastric Bypass
- Revision surgery on prior Gastric Bypass
- Conversion from prior anti reflux operation to Duodenal Switch & Gastric Bypass
At 35 years old, I had struggled with my weight my entire life. I wasn't an obese child but was a little on the chubby side. I really began to put on weight when I had my first child, and it escalated from there. After my second child 6-7 years ago, I looked into weight loss surgery.
In 2005 my health really began to deteriorate. My blood pressure was through the roof, I had migraines 2-3 times a week and tension headaches every single day and was borderline diabetic. I was seeing a chiropractor every week to help with the headaches and non-stop back problems of course all stemming from my weight.
On February 21, 2006, Dr. Srikanth operated on me and gave me the much-needed tool to help me turn my life around. Two months post-op and over 40 lbs. less, I was feeling great and decided to kick it into high gear and I put on my walking shoes. Time began to fly by for me. With a strict diet put in place monitored by Dr. Srikanth, I began walking a few blocks a day, then a half-mile, then a mile. I worked my way up to walking nearly 5 miles a day and I missed it if I didn't get my daily walk. I reached and passed my goal weight and was down to 125 lbs in just 10 months!!!!!
Words cannot fully describe my feelings. I am happier than I have ever been. My only regret is that I didn't do it much sooner. Dr. Srikanth changed my life forever. My husband and I are forever grateful to him for that!!!
Thankfully lighter,-Robyn, Seattle WA
- Dr. Srikanth is a Board Certified Bariatric surgeon and a Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery.
- He has performed over 2900 weight loss surgeries and over 1900 laparoscopic weight loss surgeries
- Bariatric surgery "CENTER OF EXCELLENCE"
- Dr. Srikanth performs all of the approved weight loss surgeries - Sleeve Gastrectomy, Gastric Bypass, lap band, Duodenal Switch and revision from prior weight loss surgery. He also performs cosmetic surgery - tummy tuck, thigh lift, and liposuction.
- Our staff have been specially trained to care for and our offices specially furnished for bariatric patients.
Some of our most asked about procedures: Gastric Bypass Surgery, Lapband (Laparoscopic Gastric Banding), Duodenal Switch, Revision Surgery, Sleeve Gastrectomy
Areas Served: Seattle, Kirkland, Federal Way, Redmond, Bellevue, Tacoma, Puyallup, Gig Harbor, Issaquah, Olympia