Barnes Bariatric Surgical SolutionsBariatric Surgery (Weight Loss), Weight Loss Programs
Gregory S Barnes, MD
- American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
What is your favorite quote or saying?
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. --Theodore Roosevelt
What makes your specialties the right fields of medicine for you?
I got into medicine with the sole intention of helping people and I picked the perfect field. It's so rewarding to help patients change their lives for the better. They become healthier, have improved life expectancy, decrease their medications and improve their quality of life.
Can you tell us in your own words what you consider a perfect outcome of a surgical procedure?
The patient loses 100% of their excess weight, all related diseases are cured and returns to a high quality of life.
What is your favorite procedure to perform and why?
It depends on the patient, but for patients with diabetes the gastric bypass cures around 93% of all diabetics with a large number never having to resume their preop diabetic medications (the same can be said for high blood pressure, high cholesterol..)
In a perfect world, when would you like to retire, where would you go and what would you do?
I have no idea when I'd like to retire. I love what I do so much that it's not even a consideration at this point. When the day comes, I would like to travel, play golf and dote on my future grandkids (very future at this point).
What Sets Us Apart
Barnes Bariatric Surgical Solutions is dedicated to excellent patient care from consult through surgery and provides the education and support as you start your new life after weight loss surgery.
- University of Texas at Arlington - Bachelor of Science in Biology, summa cum laude
- Baylor College of Medicine - Medical Degree
- Western Pennsylvania Hospital/Temple University Medical School Western Clinical Campus - General Surgery Residency
- Western Pennsylvania Hospital/Temple University Medical School Western Clinical Campus - Chief Resident 2003-2004
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Society of Laparoscopic Surgery
- Center of Excellence Surgeon (COE)
Contact the Doctor
Please contact our office at 877-597-7902 or complete the form below to request more information from Gregory S Barnes, MD.
Share This Page
Credit Cards Accepted
Most Insurance Plans Accepted. Please contact the office for complete details and questions.
Cost of Consultation