Esteban Ortega Brown, MD
We build families one heartbeat at a time.
- Esteban Ortega Brown, MD - Applies Consultation Fee Toward Surgery!
Our mission is to provide compassionate, effective care to patients experiencing difficulties conceiving.
Reproductive Institute of South Texas
Did you know...
- Approximately 6.1 Million couples in the United States have difficulty conceiving?
- 40% of all couples struggling with infertility are affected by Male Factor Infertility?
The team at The Reproductive Institute of South Texas is here to support you as you travel the often confusing and exhausting path of fertility treatment on your way to parenthood.
With a commitment to excellence and deep concern for his patients, Dr. Esteban OrtegaBrown established the Reproductive Institute of South Texas in 1992. In the fall of that year, the first Valley Fertility clinic baby was born from artificial insemination. Since then, Dr. Brown has helped thousands of couples reach their dream of parenthood.
- How well a woman responds to ovary stimulating drugs
- The number and quality of eggs she produces
- The quality and characteristics of the embryos transferred back to the uterus
We are in the business of hope … so don’t surrender your desire for a family.
Artificial insemination, also known as Intrauterine Insemination is a process that involves delivering motile, active sperm in through the cervix and directly into the uterus, Intrauterine insemination (IUI) can dramatically increase the chances of fertilization and pregnancy. Often, Dr. Brown will combine this treatment with fertility medications to increase the success rate, although IUI can be used without medications in specific cases. IUI is a cost effective method to increase fertility in couples with mild male factor infertility as well as in cases of unexplained infertility.
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Texas
IVF (in-vitro fertilization) is a form of assisted reproductive technology that combines a man’s sperm and a woman's oocytes outside of the body, in a laboratory. At first, IVF technology was primarily used to help treat women with tubal disease, such as blocked tubes. Now, IVF offers hope to couples with a wide array of diagnoses.
Coming to terms with issues of infertility is always a problem and made me a little defensive when people asked me when my next child was coming. When I visited Dr. Brown the first time I was even more devastated than I thought because even though I knew we had issues, all he did was confirm the issue was there and real. But his resolve in explaining to us about the new technology and how excited he is about his career made me feel a little better. As we took on the treatment and moved forward the warm and friendly staff offered support rather than pity. That's huge! Overall my experience so far has been one experience I will never forget! From the very bottom of our hearts and with the most sincere of sentiments, we thank you, your staff and your lab team for making this possible! Oh boy! Oh boy! God and Dr. Brown's team me gave me a bundle of joy!!-SG, Longoria
- Personalized, state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic treatment to help overcome fertility problems, with options from ovulation induction to in-vitro fertilization (IVF) to donor services.
- Throughout your treatment, we make every attempt to be sensitive to the patient's emotional needs and to preserve their dignity throughout the treatment process.
- You will work with our fertility experts help determine, on a case-by-case basis, the cause of any difficulties and proceed by providing comprehensive, personalized treatment options to improve your odds of conception.
- Your questions will be answered with honesty, patience and compassion.
- There is hope!
Some of our most asked about procedures: Artificial Insemination, In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), Ovulation Induction, Male Infertility
Areas Served: McAllen, Mission, Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Nuevo Laredo, Brownsville, San Benito, Pharr, Harlingen, Edinburg