Emil William Chynn, MD, FACS, MBA
- Emil William Chynn, MD, FACS, MBA - Gives FREE Consultations!
We will make you see exactly like your contacts and glasses if you choose our Regular Definition SafeSight procedure - typically 20/20
We can actually make you see BETTER than your contacts or glasses if you choose our Hi-Def SafeSight procedure - or BETTER than 20/20
Park Avenue LASEK--NY's Only Non-Invasive, Non-Cutting Center!
We offer a FREE LASEK Consultation to determine if you are a good candidate for LASEK.
If you cannot have LASIK because you have thin cornea, high prescription, or irregular astigmatism, or dry eyes You CAN get LASEK.
Schedule your free LASEK Consultation today!
Call toll-free (866) 780-9384
- We "read" your old eyeglass prescription to make sure your prescription is stable.
- Perform a computerized, infrared Auto-Refraction (AR) to objectively determine your refractive status.
- Perform a Computerized OrbScan (not the cheaper topography) to check the front curvature of your eye to make sure it is not warped and unsafe to laser.
- Measure your pupil size to the nearest tenth of a millimeter to make sure you are not at igh risk for glare/halos after surgery, so we know to increase the zone diameter.
- Determine eye dominance in case you wish to have ReadingVizionTM.
- Have a MD perform a microscopic Slit Lamp Examination (SLE) to check the anterior structures of your eye.
- Check corneal thickness (pachymetry) to ensure it's safe to perform surgery.
- Check for Dry Eye Syndrome and discuss therapeutic options after LVC to help treat dryness.
- Meet personally with Dr. Chynn, who will go over the recommended procedure, discuss any special things about your case.
Our top priorities are your comfort, safty and satisfaction. We use the VISX S4 IR laser with active tracking that can treat from +8.00 to -22.00 diopters of refractive error and up to 6 diopters of astigmatism. If you choose our Hi-Def option, it's impossible to laser the wrong eye or wrong prescription, as the laser will "know" it's incorrect (because it saves and locks a picture of your iris with a map of your prescription, and if they don't match, the laser will not turn on).
We take care in making sure you receive the highest quality of care. Unlike other centers, all of our staff has had laser vision themselves, because we all believe in it! We take care of our patients like they're our own family, because we understand what it's like to go through the procedure ourselves! Other centers have staff and doctors in glasses and contacts. Isn't that crazy? Why would you go somewhere where they don't trust their own procedure enough to have it themselves! We're all patients, too!
LASEK Financing. When to have your vision procedure should be the question, not how to pay for it. We’d like to make that decision even easier for our patients. That’s why we’re pleased to offer the CareCredit® card, North America’s leading patient payment program. CareCredit® lets you begin your LASEK procedure immediately — then pay for it over time with low monthly payments that fit easily into your monthly budget. Now you don’t have to save up for years to finally get the vision you’ve always wanted. We’ll help you see clearer, sooner.
I CAN SEE!!!! It's just a few days after my LASEK surgery and I feel great! The hardest part of my day so far is fighting against my reflex of grabbing my glasses first thing in the morning. The procedure was not painful at all. In fact, I find those glaucoma-pressure checks at the regular eye doc's visit to be more painful and annoying...but I digress. The MDs requested me to bring my own music, which I didn't but they played some of their own stuff which was relaxing. Overall, it all went smoothly - thank God!-LASEK Patient, New York
- By not cutting a flap, your LASEK will be 10x safer than any cutting procedure--including LASIK, IntraLase, and i-LASIK! This means you cannot have a flap dislocation, partial flap, torn flap, button-hole flap, free flap, debris under the flap, DLK or inflammation under the flap, epithelial ingrowth, flap wrinkles/strie, etc.. Non-cutting means your procedure will be more accurate, allow for higher prescriptions to be operated on and you will NEVER have any kind of flap complications from your surgery!
- Not only are our flapless LASEK and epiLASEK procedures safer, they provide better vision afterwards! This is because any flap procedure will leave your cornea in a "sandwich" configuration afterwards, which can cause glare at night. In addition, your CustomVue WaveScan if you choose Hi-Def is obtained before the flap is cut, but it has been proven to change after flap creation. So only with our no-cut LASEK is the CustomVue WaveScan actually 100% accurate.
- Dr. Chynn has performed 19,000 procedures, and 100% of the patients have been legal to drive afterwards, day or night without their glasses or contacts! This is a Perfect Record, and the Best Ratio of Success in NYC!
- Our center is the only center in NYC that requires all our employees to get LASEK themselves! So EVERYBODY here can speak from both a medical AND PATIENT POINT OF VIEW! How comforting is that! Liz, our Front Desk Manager, for example, had LASEK in 1 eye, and epiLASEK in the other--so she's the perfect person to ask how much quicker the recovery is with epiLASEK! Tarek, our patient coordinator had the same procedure and they are both 20/15 -- MUCH better than before their surgery when they were wearing glasses and contacts!
- We guarantee that you can afford LASEK! How do we know? Simple! We will charge you the same amount per month that you are now throwing away on glasses, contacts and solutions! So you will pay the same amount in the short-run, and save money in the long run! Why "rent" your vision with glasses/contacts when you can "own" it? Dr. Chynn is also credentialed with all private medical insurance companies, which we accept. Call us to find out how much your medical insurance will contribute!
Some of our most asked about procedures: LASIK Eye Surgery, Excimer LASEK, IntraLASIK (Intralase), LASEK, Custom Wavefront LASIK
Areas Served: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Metro NYC Region, Long Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Bronx