Kevin Light, DO, MBAFacial Plastic Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery (BOTOX®), Cosmetic Surgery
Dr. Kevin Light, D.O., MBA
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
Describe the most rewarding experience that you have had working with a patient?
Rejuvenating faces with a simple fat grafting procedure that can avoid the big facelift surgery has been most rewarding. These patients have always wanted to tweak their face but were very fearful of surgery. This allowed them to shave years off of their appearance with minimal down time or risk - they were SO thankful.
What is your charity organization of choice and why?
New Horizons Ranch School- A Texas organization that provides inpatient programs for young boys and girls suffering emotional, behavioral and attachment problems.
What does living in the Dallas community mean to you?
Great culture, Dallas Cowboys/Texas Rangers/Dallas Mavericks, DFW Airport, great weather and Southern Hospitality.
What is your favorite quote or saying?
I think of life as a good book. The further you get into it, the more it begins to make sense.
What makes your specialties the right fields of medicine for you?
I get to play a pivotal role in enriching a patients life in a postive and lasting way. I give them a gift that is ultimately rewarding for us both.
Finish this sentence: If I weren't a doctor I would be___.
A classical musician. I studied music at the Interlochen Fine Arts Academy and traveled internationally performing with symphonic bands and jazz organizations.
When (your age) did you first realize you wanted to become a surgeon? And did you experience anything in particular to motivate you to achieve this prestigious goal?
Family friends, who were surgeons, invited me to observe in the operating room frequently while in high school. It was the most fascinating experience of my life.
Can you tell us in your own words what you consider a perfect outcome of a surgical procedure?
A happy patient.
What procedure would you like to do more of and why?
We love the rejuvenating and age- reversing power of fat transfer procedures to the face and note that so many people would benefit immensely from this easy and safe surgery.
What Sets Us Apart
We have years of surgical experience but still treat each patient in a very special way. We are sensitive to the concerns everyone has about surgery and take the time to help our patients make smart decisions.
- Michigan State University - BS, Biochemistry (honors)
- Des Moines University - College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery - DO
- Genesys Regional Medical Center, Flint, Mich - General Surgery Residency
- King Drew Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA - Trauma Surgery
- University of Texas at Austin, McCombs School of Business - MBA
- Fellow, American Osteopathic Board of Surgery
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Texas Cosmetic Surgical Society
- Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider - American Heart Association
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons - member
- Fellow, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Age Management Medicine Group
Dr. Light spent years as an Air Force General and Trauma Surgeon and has practiced internationally, including Germany, England, Kingdom of Jordan, Saudi Arabia (during the first Gulf War) and Cuba.
Contact the Doctor
Please contact our office at 877-344-4430 or complete the form below to request more information from Dr. Kevin Light, D.O., MBA.
Share This Page
Before and After Pictures
Performed by Dr. Kevin Light, D.O., MBA
Credit Cards Accepted
Cost of Consultation