Ask A Doctor
The focus of our practice is medical and surgical treatment of disorders of the cornea and anterior segment of the eye. Dr. Haight has been practicing, teaching and performing pioneering research in the area of refractive surgery for the past 15 years.
Dr. Haight was the first physician in New York City to perform laser vision correction and headed up the FDA study of PRK, which was conducted at the Manhattan Eye, Ear, & Throat Hospital. He routinely performs a variety of refractive procedures including PRK, LASIK, LASEK, and AK. Currently, the majority of patients needing spectacle correction can be helped with one of these operations.
- LASIK - Laser Eye Surgeons
- Brown University (graduated Magma cum Laude_ - 1976
- Johns Hopkins University - MD - (pursuing his interest in ophthalmology by researching corneal transplant rejections) - 1980
- Residency in Ophthalmology - Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital in New York
- Specialty training in corneal and anterior segment surgery with Dr. Richard Troutman
- Diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Surgeon Director at Manhattan Eye and Ear
- Director of Refractive Surgery at Manhattan Eye and Ear
- Co-chief of the Contact Lens Clinic at Manhattan Eye and Ear
- Lecturer in Ophthalmology at Columbia University
PRK, LASIK, and contact lens services are generally not covered by insurance. You should contact your insurance company for specific information about plan benefits. We will gladly furnish your insurance company information about these procedures to assist payment of benefits, but we do not accept assignment on refractive surgery procedures. Please contact our office for complete details.