X's Q & A

Q&A: Is an anesthesiologist required for a face lift?

Dear Sandy, I am not certain if the lower facelift is actually a neck lift or the depth to which the procedure needs to be done to correct your problem. I always use an anesthesiologist for any facelift type of procedure but it does make the cost somewhat higher for my patients. I think that for safety and comfort, this is warranted. I would suggest that you address this matter with your surgeon who should be willing to have an anesthesiologist present if he/she works in an accredited facility. Hope this helps.

Q&A: Am I candidate for LASIK if I have thin corneas?

You may want to consider LASEK or PRK instead as an option.

Q&A: Where can I get Botox injected in my forehead and upper lip?

Dear Rose, It is obvious that my plastic surgical colleague above has never heard of microBotox injections but I am certain that he will. I have done many of these in Hawaii and I am not certain if I did your injection or not. I am certain that there are a number of plastic surgeons in NY who could perform the procedure as word is getting out that it is possible to weaken portions of the circular muscles around the mouth and around the eyes with minute amounts of the Botox without fear of paralyzing the entire muscle. You may have to visit with a dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon who is more up-to-date on the procedures available. Let me know if he/she requires information on the technique and I can send it to him/her.

Q&A: Do methods for breast enlargement other than surgery work?

Dear Jennifer, They do not work. I have had literally hundreds of patients who have tried all of these and none have found any effect other than to lighten the billfold. Sorry that the answer is not that easy.

Q&A: Can I have LASIK after having RK?

Absolutely no PRK. It may be possible to due LASIK if there are no epithelial inclusions.

Q&A: What is the difference between plastic surgery and liposuction?

Dear Meena, Liposuction is a type of plastic surgery. I think that what you are asking is if you need liposuction or a tummy tuck. The factors which enter into that decision are the amount of fat present, the condition of your skin and the condition of the muscle supporting the abdomen. You should visit with a plastic surgeon in order to determine if liposuction is a good procedure for you or if you need the more extensive surgery. Liposuction costs about $2000 per paired area of the body (like the outer thighs) and a tummy tuck can cost from $4000 to $8000 depending upon what is required to be performed.

Although I am board certified in Obstetrics and gynecology, I am a subspecialist in reproductive endocrinology and infertility and so I do not deliver babies anymore. I do in vitro fertilization. OB/GYN is a gratifying and rewarding speciality. I would encourage you to follow your dream and do what you love. Good luck

Q&A: Will my skin stretch and go back to normal after skin cancer removed, or will I need an additional procedure?

Good question, usually the skin will stretch. You should ask the surgeon what to expect. He did your surgery and he will know what better to tell you

Q&A: is it possible to push back my top teeth and push out my bottom teeth?

Thanks for your question. The condition you have described with your overbite is usually correctable. Without the benefit of seeing you, I cannot tell you which treatment options would be best for you. Situations similar to yours are corrected all the time either through restorative dentistry, orthodontics, or a combination of both. We often correct these deep overbites with what we call an "open bite" treatment plan. This consists of reducing your overbite by placing porcelain veneers and onlys on your teeth. I hope this helps and good luck in getting a better smile!

Q&A: Can you lighten the inner thigh/leg, which is referred to as SCRUB?

Dear Debbie, You are referring to darker skin in the upper, inner thighs which occurs in some people. This is actually a form of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation (long word meaning darkening of skin after prolonged irritation). I would suggest that the cause of the irritation be addressed first. The thighs must stop rubbing or the condition will return. The darker skin color is best bleached with a 4% hyroquinone bleaching cream or treated with a laser that reduces pigmentation. Scribbing the area or using chemical peels usually is not at all helpful since more pigment is made by the irritation.

© Copyright 2018 LocateADoc. All rights reserved.