X's Q & A

Q&A: Can a saggy earlobe be fixed?

It depends on what the structural problem is with the earlobe. In many cases we can do filler injections with Restylane or Juvederm which start at $425. Otherwise, any surgical revision needs to be evaluated in person as cost depends on the issue at hand and whether or not the ear lobe is also partially torn from a previous ear piercing. 

Q&A: Should I see an ear, nose and throat doctor for a hearing aid?

Yes, you should see an ENT specialist that has an Au.D. (Doctor of Audiology) on staff who can perform a diagnostic comprehensive audiogram and Hearing Aid Evaluation.

Q&A: What should I do if I'm coughing up blood with the phlegm?

You should see a physician if you are coughing up blood or bloody mucous.

Q&A: Is a 77 year old too old to get a nose job?

If you have no medical issues, then your age is really not a deterrent. The procedure takes 2 hours and a splint is removed in 6 days.
Mary Beth in the office is the contact and she can make any arrangements that you would like.

Q&A: What can I do to hear better with wax build up in my ears?

The patient will need a consult with the physician to check the wax impaction and have it chcked first. After that is settled, a hearing exam would be scheduled. Please call our office for an appointment. Thank you for your inquiry.

Q&A: Why do I constantly have a sinus infection?

Thank you for your question, Kelly.
Chronic stuffiness and/or dryness could be indicative of allergies. Even if you haven't had them in the past, you can become sensitized over time to environmental agents.
I would suggest trying an over the counter antihistamine such as Zyrtec or Claritin. Taken once daily at bedtime, it should help relive your symptoms.

Q&A: What Could Make My Throat Close Up and Spasm?

Although having a small trachea is certainly a possibility, if this has been going on this long and is getting worse, it might be time to do more. If your Family Physician is unable to get a more definitive diagnosis, you should consider requesting a referral to a specialist, either an ENT or a Gastroenterologist. I hope this helps.

Q&A: I had bronchitis and four months later, I'm still sick. Do I have walking pneumonia?

Sounds like you have been sick for quite a while. I agree that you should see a regular Family Physician, rather than going to walk-in clinics, to get better comprehensive care. You could have just recurrent infections or a prolonged resistant one. I think as long as you aren't experiencing high fevers, chest pain, or difficulty breathing, you should be OK waiting until your scheduled appointment. If any of those symptoms occur, then you should go to the ER for more urgent treatment.

Q&A: What could cause pulsating in my ears for weeks?

The most common causes for this would be anything from wax build-up to tinnitus, which often comes from sudden or chronic noise exposure. However, there is a potentially serious cause, although not common, involving plaque build-up in the arteries or aneurysms forming around the inner ear. For this reason, you should get this checked out by a physician.

Q&A: I'm stressing about a bump on side of neck. Any suggestions on what it could be?

It sounds like you might have some lymph nodes from your recent infection. These are common, and since they sound like they are relatively small, should go away as your infection gets better. If they persist for more than a month after you are better, or get bigger, then you should have them checked by a Primary Care Physician. Hope that helps.

© Copyright 2018 LocateADoc. All rights reserved.