X's Q & A

Q&A: What are my options for having a baby if I had my tubes tied?

Dear Donia There are 2 ways to help you get pregnant, one is a surgery called "tubal reanastomosis" which basically is reattaching the tubes. The other procedure is called in vitro fertilization (IVF) which involves the use of fertility druga, getting the eggs out, putting them with your husband's sperms, then putting some embryos back. Unfortunetely, both procedures are costly and usually not covered by insurance. There are pros and cons to each, and therefore you need to see a preferrably Borad-certified Reproductive Endocrinologist. Good luck

Q&A: Can I have all the signs of being pregnant and show negative for a home pregnancy test if I had a tubal ligation?

It is possible to have signs of pregnancy if one isn't pregnant. Since you had a tubal ligation, however, there's a possibility you might be pregnant, have a negative home pregnancy test, and still be pregnant. A big potential risk is a tubal pregnancy, and if you even remotely believe you might feel pregnant, you should see your doctor immediately for an examination and blood pregnancy test! If not pregnant, options to achieve pregnancy after tubal ligation include microsurgical reversal of the tubes vs. in vitro fertilization (even after 1 1/2 yrs). Please see your doctor ASAP for a blood pregnancy test and exam! Good luck! Dr. Roseff, Director W.E. C.A.R.E. Visit us on the web at: =================================================== Since I don't know your entire history and haven't examined you, any medical information given to you may be incomplete or inaccurate. Therefore, Dr. Roseff and the W.E. C.A.R.E. staff can not be responsible for any actions taken or not due to the information contained within these communications. These communications are for educational and informational purposes only, and should never be used to replace the information and care rendered by your own doctor. ===================================================

Q&A: How can I determine if I am a candidate for tubal ligation reversal and Vitro Fertilization (IVF)?

Hi, Reproductive specialists may be able to perform microsurgical tubal reversal or IVF. Contact your gyn and ask for a referral to a qualified Reproductive Endocrinologist. Good luck! Dr. Roseff

Q&A: What is next if I had an HSG test done?

Dear Sitonia You need to discuss your future management with your doctor. It all depends what the HSG showed.

Q&A: Should I have a hysterpscopy or a laparoscopy if I have been trying to get pregnant for three years?

Hi, I would need to review your HSG films in order to properly answer your question. If they're recommending surgery based on those findings, my review of your records would be the ONLY way I could possibly determine if I agree regarding the need for surgery (and whether you need hysteroscopy or laparoscopy). Since I'm not far at all from Edison (I'm in West Orange), you may want to obtain a second opinion consultation here by me (a Board Certified RE). If you are interested in this, please write back and let me know. Good luck, whatever you decide! Dr. Roseff, Director W.E. C.A.R.E. Visit us at

Q&A: What should I do when no one seems to be able to tell me why I am having abdominal pain, especially with sex?

There is an excellent Sexual Medicine clinic at UCLA here in Los Angeles. I would recommend that you arrange a consult with them as this seems to be a very complicated case.

Both of u need to be checked. About 40% of the times both parties can have problems. Good luck Fady I. Sharara, M.D VCRM

Q&A: What should I do to get pregnant if I had Laparoscopy done and my husband I have been trying for 5 years?

Dear Sharon You need to have invitro (IVF)since the surgery did not help. The only good program I know of is in Charleston (Southeastern Fertility). Good luck Fady I. Sharara, M.D VCRM

Q&A: What are my chances of a normal pregnancy if had two ectopic pregnancies and tubes were repaired?

Hi, It's IMPOSSIBLE to dictate treatment from afar, as it's only possible to do so after an extensive history, physical exam, lab testing, and review of all past records. However, it does sound like IVF is your best bet. If you do choose IVF, make sure you research each potential center's updated/latest success rates. For example, you can view our updated awesome rates at Good luck! Dr. Roseff, W.E. C.A.R.E.

Q&A: What should I do if I am experience pain, 5 years post-hysterectomy, where my ovaries use to be?

There are many causes of post-hysterectomy pain, and they should be investigated by an Ob/Gyn. Some causes may be adhesions (scar tissue), endometriosis, damage to a structure secondary to the surgery, and pain totally unrelated to the surgery.

© Copyright 2018 LocateADoc. All rights reserved.