X's Q & A

Q&A: I want to become pregnant but I haven't had a cycle in 7 years, how can I fix this problem?

Tanya not having a period is not normal. You need evaluation ito know it is an ovarian issue, uterine issue or a pituitary issue. 
You need to be seen by an Reproductive Endocrinologist ( fertility Specialist) to identify the cause and be treated. Even if you do not want pregnancy and are young  you need consultation.
Best Regards.
Look forward helping you.

Q&A: I'm in my 20s and interested in IVF. What should I consider to make a decision?

Given your age and that you are in a female same sex relationship, it would be appropriate to begin with Donor Sperm IUI’s (intrauterine inseminations).  However, it would be important to know if you have regular menses and are ovulating on your own.   There are simple ways to track ovulation, by either checking your morning urine with an ovulation predictor kit or by checking a Day 21 progesterone level.  If you ovulate irregularly, there are several ways to help induce ovulation.  However, the success rates with Donor Sperm IUIs vary between 10 and approximately 20% per month. 
Proceeding directly to IVF (in-vitro fertilization) would offer a shorter time to pregnancy and a corresponding success rate of approximately 60% being that your medical history is uncomplicated.  Ultimately it is a very personal decision.  Undergoing an IVF cycle for a person in their 20’s is very reasonable and often relates particularly to a person’s unique history.  I hope that this helps and I look forward to meeting you in the future.

Q&A: Could pelvic inflammatory disease cause pain, missing minstrel cycles and the inability to get pregnant?

Dear Teresa I doubt the infection has anything to do with your current symptoms. The Depoprovera is likely the culprit. Pls go see your gynecologist or see a Fertility expert ASAP. Good luck Fady I. Sharara, M.D VA Ctr for Reprod Med

Q&A: What should I do if I have had ongoing intestinal plus weight gain issues after two failed IVF treatments?

Dear Lori I agree totally with Dr Roseff. This is not something to take lightly. The doctor who gave you the injections should be the one to follow up on the symptoms. Good luck

Q&A: What should I do if I have had ongoing intestinal and weight gain issues after two failed IVF treatments?

Hi, Your symptoms clearly bear following up with a doctor. Without a more comprehensive history, physical exam, review of your sonogram, etc., however, it would be impossible to answer your questions more specifically. I would be concerned if I were you -- either see another gynecologist, gyn oncologist, or gastroenterologist. Good luck, Dr. Roseff

Q&A: Can I get GIFT and AL done instead of IVF w/ICSI because insurance will not cover IVF?

None unfortunately. What u need is IVF w ICSI. GIFT is not even an option. Sorry Fady I. Sharara, M.D VA Ctr for Reprod Med

Hi, John, This forum is designed for brief questions, and your query is far too involved and time-consuming for a volunteer doctor to answer. If you count your questions, there are actually TWELVE questions (not six). If you prefer to schedule a consultation here, I would be more than glad to take ALL THE TIME YOU NEED and answer each and every question to your satisfaction. If you prefer to limit your inquiry to one, relatively simple question, I would be glad to answer it for you. Thanks!

Q&A: Can artificial insemination put a person at higher risk for disease?

Dear Mona Not at all. There are no reports it can cause any health effects (other than potentially getting pregnant)! Fady I. Sharara, M.D VCRM

Q&A: Could taking Clomid, off and on, cause a miscarriage or be preventing her from getting pregnant?

Dear Terrance Make sure you are seeing a board vertified Infertility Expert and not just a regular OB/GYN. Your wife may need a laparoscopy, and if OK move to injections with artificial insemination. Pls find an expert ASAP Good luck Fady I. Sharara, M.D VA Ctr for Reprod Med

Q&A: Who would you recommend for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)?

Dear Eileen I do that but I am in VA. You need to go see someone in Brooklyn. Go see Dr Susan Lobel at Genesis Fertility Center in Brooklyn. Good luck Fady I. Sharara, M.D VA Ctr for Reprod Med

© Copyright 2018 LocateADoc. All rights reserved.