Dia Vickery, PhD(Theology), LAc
A new approach to health that's thousands of years oldSM!
Acupuncture & Chinese Herbology combine to form the backbone of a complete medical system known as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), also known as Traditional Oriental Medicine (TOM). TOM has been used to diagnose, treat and prevent illness for over 23 centuries. It can remedy ailments, alter states of mind, enhance recuperative power and immunity.
Vickery Health & Wellness
"Where there is pain there is no free flow of Qi, where there is free flow of Qi there is no pain"
This statement underlies the powerful simplicity of Acupuncture. Using the theories of Traditional Oriental Medicine, I use gentle acupuncture treatments, lifestyle and dietary recommendations to balance the flow of energy [Qi or Ch'i] in your body, restoring function and eliminating pain.
In my experience, gentle needling is as effective as powerful (often described as painful) needling for the types of conditions I see in my clinic. You are looking for pain relief and return to your favorite activities and I want to assist you without adding to your pain using harsh techniques.
In addition to needles, I use Traditional Oriental medicinals (herbal formulae) to enhance your treatment and aid in your return to health. I will also advise you on exercise to increase the Qi flow in your body, as well as dietary changes you can easily incorporate into your life to aid you in faster healing and maintaining your health.
I use these tools in combination to treat physical pain, emotional pain, women's health concerns and many other conditions. I invite you to look around my website where you will find a wealth of information to help you learn how acupuncture can benefit you. I also encourage you to sign up for my monthly newsletter for more information to help you learn about this powerful medicine and how it can help you make the most of your life.
Contact us today to schedule your first appointment. It's an experience you won't regret.
Dr. Vickery has been my go-to Doc for everything the past several years. What pushed me to Oriental Medicine was badly tweaking my wrist and facing similar painful injections I had just seen my Aunt go through. Why not try something less painful first?? If you've ever thought, or had someone tell you acupuncture doesn't work, you've been done a huge disservice. I'm a walking talking example of it not only working, but improving my quality of life, backed by a wonderful practitioner. I could hardly move my wrist when I came to her and under her care, not only was she able to alleviate the pain and injury, but today, years later, there are no symptoms or 'pings' that there was ever anything wrong. I had only volunteered for needles when I donated blood, which was always an unpleasant experience. Dr. Vickery is very compassionate and gentle in my dislike of needles. I simply cannot look or see them. But getting past that is worth knowing that at the end of treatment, I'll feel better. Who isn't stressed out? Who doesn't have health symptoms from stress? Her care and expertise, both with needles and herbs, have alleviated stress and its aliments and also serve as a preventive measure to stay healthy and strong in the face of it. Her office is warm and relaxing and she takes time for and cares about her patients; she listens to you and asks the right questions and doesn't rush you through. I recommend her to everyone I can!-M.B., Financial Professional
- Headache relief - specializing in migraine headaches and chronic recurring stress headaches.
- Women's health issues from PMS and menstrual irregularities, through fertility and post-partum support and into menopause.
- Stress reduction using acupuncture, herbal therapies, dietary advice and lifestyle modifications, gives patients control over their lives again. Patients report they feel in control, rather than being controlled by their stress.
- Relief from chronic pain including pain from arthritis, stress and fibromyalgia. Improved healing time for acute injuries (sprains, strains) as well as surgery recovery times
- Medical weight loss combining traditional oriental medical nutrition and modern understanding of metabolism. This approach allows patients to stop health problems before they start, including getting blood sugar and cholesterol under control through diet rather than medications. Patients are counselled during their entire weight loss journey to ensure they meet, or exceed, their health goals.
Some of our most asked about procedures: Chinese Herbal Formula, Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Alternative Medicine, Nutritional Therapy
Areas Served: Van Nuys, Encino, Tarzana, Woodland Hills, West Hills, Canoga Park, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, North Hollywood, Chatsworth