X's Q & A

Q&A: What are the sedation options if I potential need surgery on my teeth (#1, 16, 17 and 32)?

If your wisdom teeth are giving you trouble, see an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon in your area for treatment. They are trained in anesthesia and are more capible of handling any complications that may occur as a result of the anesthesia or surgery. He or she can discuss with you the techniques of anesthesia that are available, and inform you of the risks and benefits of the surgery far and away better than a general dentist can. Nothiing against general dentists, but they should stick to drilling and filling and leave the more complicated treatments to specialists.You are fortunate that Denver has many excellent surgeons in town and in the surrounding area(Lakewood etc...). I would no more let a general dentist sedate me or a member of my family than I would let a podiatrist treat a cardiac problem. Good luck.

© Copyright 2018 LocateADoc. All rights reserved.