X's Q & A

Q&A: What should I do if I continue to have pain and mobility issues from a knee injury and the orthopedic doctors is recommending no further treatment?

Hi Kim, I was wondering if you were an MD or a Nurse due to the terminology you were using. First let me say that knees aren't my specialty, but I do have a good bit of knowledge in the area. I used to work closely with orthos in the fitting of rehab knee bracing years ago. Your knee sounds like it needs some attention. How you are going to get it, I can't say. I can tell you that sometimes there are cases that get ignored because they aren't "surgical" cases. In my opinion you need some PT at the LEAST. The fact that you have "bad insurance" shouldn't keep you from getting some rehab. The knee needs to be strengthened. The ligaments will not heal properly unless stressed along the lines of function. I'd either ask my current MD to write a script for some rehab or get a new MD. Thanks for being a part of the most underpaid and under appreciated professions.....nurses are awesome gifts from God. Wishing you a speedy recovery, Dr. Heinz

© Copyright 2018 LocateADoc. All rights reserved.