Deborah DiStefano, M.D.
The DiStefano Eye Center is a Medical Resource Center that employs the latest technology available so we can assess your vision thoroughly and determine the best procedure or treatment for you.
- Deborah DiStefano, M.D. - Gives FREE Consultations!
Better Life through Better Vision
DiStefano Eye Center
Dr. Deborah DiStefano is an Assistant Clinical Instructor at the University of Tennessee, College of Medicine. She was recruited from Harvard to Chattanooga to become the Chairperson of the Department of Ophthalmology at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga unit. She remained in that position for 10 years. She then resigned to focus more on her refractive practice and her family. Her refractive surgery experience began in 1984 and she performed 7000 to 8000 cases.
Dr. Deborah DiStefano complements her experience with the same skill and level of expertise in her respective area of traditional and customized cataract surgery, Blepharoplasty, cornea surgery and diagnostics as well as routine and disease related care of the eyes.
Dr. DiStefano resides in Chattanooga with her husband and son. She enjoys her involvement with her son's many activites. They all enjoy boating and vacationing on the Gulf.
Dr. DiStefano established the Helene DiStefano Fund in July, 2001 to honor the memory of her mother Helene DiStefano who died in May of 2000. HDF provides assitance to mothers with cancer during financial crisis in the Chattanooga and North Georgia area..
- Harvard University Trained Medical Doctor - Corneal Specialist
- Board Certified Ophthalmologist
- Not just a Laser Center. We're a Medical Resource Center w/ the latest technology to treat the entire eye, including Intralase Bladeless Lasik.
- Voted "BEST DOCTORS IN AMERICA" 1996-2008 & 2011-2012 as shown on "60 Minutes".
- Over 15,000 LASIK procedures performed! Was asked by VISX (the designer of the WaveScan WaveFront System and STAR S4 Excimer Laser System) to perform the landmark 1,000,000th Lasik Procedure
Some of our most asked about procedures: CK - Conductive Keratoplasty, Complete Eye Examinations, Glaucoma Treatment, Diabetic Eye Care, Oculoplastics
Areas Served: Chattanooga, Cleveland, Huntsville, Dalton, Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville, Birmingham, Kennesaw, Acworth