David O. O. Saenz, PhD, EdM, LLC (Licensed Psychologist)
Helping Individuals, Families and Couples Create More Satisfying & Meaningful Lives
- David O. O. Saenz, PhD, EdM, LLC (Licensed Psychologist) - Gives FREE Consultations!
- THE APPROACH: Therapy is yeast for growth and change outside of the session, and our time together should focus on providing you with a very personalized therapy experience. At times I'll be active and directive, other times I'll be in the sidelines listening, and providing encouragement, support, and understanding. I tend to lean towards treatments that emphasize both a warm acceptance with scientifically based treatments (e.g., cognitive-behavioral, family systems, dialectical behavioral, solution focused, motivational interviewing, SMART Recovery, and others). In the end, however, my hope is that you will find me to be very human-- open, emotionally available and accessible, compassionate, accepting, mildly witty, warm and understanding.
- AREAS OF FOCUS: a) Marriage therapy-e.g., infidelity, loss of intimacy, unresolved conflict, power struggles, communication issues, compatibility; b) Family therapy-e.g., dealing effectively with defiance and severe misbehavior, adoption and foster care, school problems, living with a mentally ill family member; c) individual therapy-e.g., anxiety, depression, addictions, spiritual concerns, loss & grief; and d) comprehensive psychological evaluations and assessment (with written report if needed).
- CULTURAL COMPETENCE: In addition to having an integrative and eclectic approach, I also emphasize culturally competence. What this means is that as a bilingual therapist (English-Spanish) I make every effort to acknowledge and understand the influence of race, ethnicity, oppressive histories, life experiences, age, language differences, and traditional and folk healing practices, on an individual's healing and recovery. I maintain an asking stance, staying open-minded, as well as working with you in ways that are compatible and harmonious with who you are.
- CLINICAL COMPETENCE: Consistently up-to-date on the most scientific, practical, realistic and effective treatment strategies.
- NO WAIT APPOINTMENT TIMES: Within days of the initial phone call, appointments can be set based on your schedule and needs. There is no waiting time and most clients can be seen in less than a week. Your overall experience will be one where you feel listened to and deeply heard, accepted and challenged in ways that create a healing and growing experience. (HTTP://WWW.PSYCH-CONSULTING.COM)
Areas Served: Cranberry, Wexford, North Hills, Pittsburgh, Butler, Sewickley