Daniel A. Medalie, M.D.
Experience state of the art plastic surgery from the best that Cleveland has to offer.
- Daniel A. Medalie, M.D. - Applies Consultation Fee Toward Surgery!
Cleveland Plastic Surgery
Dr. Daniel A. Medalie is a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon who originally hails from the east coast, having grown up in Washington, D.C. and lived in both Boston and New York City.
Dr. Medalie graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University and then studied art in New York City at Parsons School of design and the Art Student's League prior to entering Cornell University Medical College.
After his third year of medical school, Dr. Medalie spent a year in Paris conducting endocrinology research, returning to Cornell for his fourth year to receive his Doctorate of Medicine with early membership in the honor society, Alpha Omega Alpha.
Dr. Medalie then received the honor of being the first physician ever accepted into the new and highly regarded University of Pittsburgh Medical Center integrated plastic surgery training program. This comprehensive program combined six years of general and plastic surgery with two additional years of intensive research. He decided to spend those two years at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Shriners Burns Institute as a surgical research fellow studying gene therapy and skin tissue engineering.
Upon completion of his training Dr. Medalie was appointed assistant professor of plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Kentucky Medical Center in Lexington, Kentucky. He remained there as an attending surgeon and director of the burn/wound clinic for three years prior to moving to Cleveland to be closer to family.
Dr. Medalie then served for the next four years as an assistant professor at University Hospitals and Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland and chief of plastic surgery at the Cleveland VA.
Dr. Medalie remains an assistant professor at Case Western Reserve University and has now joined the faculty at MetroHealth Medical Center.
His interests in plastic surgery include:
- Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery: breast augmentation, lift and reduction, implant and autogenous tissue reconstruction of the breast as well as microsurgical reconstruction of the breast. Dr. Medalie is also a specialist in treating male gynecomastia.
- Aesthetic Body Contouring: liposuction, mini-abdominoplasty and high tension abdominoplasty, labiaplasty, labia minora and majora reduction and remodelling, vaginoplasty
- Surgery for the post weight loss and gastric bypass patient: panniculectomy, circumferential body lift, brachiaplasty, thighplasty, mastopexy (breast lift)
- Facial cosmetic surgery: endoscopic brow lift, blepharoplasty, laser resurfacing, face lift, neck lift, lipoaugmentation of the face, Radiance, Restylane and Botox injection for wrinkles
- Facial reconstructive surgery including head and neck miscrosurgery
- Transgender surgery: Specializing in facial feminization, breast and body contouring including limited scar FtM "top" surgery.
- Pediatric plastic surgery: cleft lip and palate, vascular malformations, pediatric hand
- Hand surgery: carpal tunnel, hand trauma, lipoaugmentation
- Wound healing and reconstruction: (Two year burn/wound research fellowship as well as director of the burn/wound clinic at University of Kentucky Medical Center)
- E-mail consultations and correspondence
- Rapid and helpful responsiveness
- Knowledgeable and caring office staff
- no hidden fees or post-operative charges
- Ability to perform combination procedures to reduce anesthesia and facility time and costs
Some of our most asked about procedures: Breast Augmentation (Breast Implants), Liposuction Surgery (Lipoplasty), Labiaplasty, Vaginal Rejuvenation, Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
Areas Served: cleveland, akron, youngstown, toledo, columbus, canton, mentor, Beechwood, eerie, westlake