Corey Ming-Lem, FRCSC
Dr. Corey Ming-Lum is a General and Laparoscopic Surgeon with extensive training and a proven track record in advanced laparoscopic techniques.
Patient focus and a healthy style can spark the new you...
False Creek Healthcare Centre
As a previous Instructor in General Surgery at Washington University in St. Louis and a member of a team of internationally renowned surgeons at False Creek Lap-Band Clinic, you can feel confident of your decision to speak with a certified physician at False Creek.
Lap Band weight loss surgery help you to lose weight and maintain weight-loss by reducing appetite and slowing digestion. It is currently the least invasive surgical weight-loss procedure which means less pain for you, and a much shorter recovery time with minimal scarring.
The LAP-BANDS system is an excellent option for losing weight long-term.
I had the surgery on April 14th with a weight of 278 lbs (?) and today I weigh 249 lbs. This weight was taken at the Curves center where I?ve been working out at for the past 9 years. I no longer have type II diabetes and am no longer on high blood pressure medications ? I think it was a total of 5 pills that I no longer have to take. My energy level is way up and flexibility, too. I am waiting for surgery to replace both my knees and I walk with a bad limp, but even my friends have noticed I?m walking a lot better ? not so heavily. I have just fitted into pants that have gone down 3 sizes and have been donating all my oversized clothes to charity. I am attaching a before and after picture that I just recently sent to family and friends. The first photo was taken about 30 days before surgery and I weighed 283 lbs (before the liver cleanse drink two weeks prior to surgery). I am very pleased with my results to date and look forward to more weight loss and I am so happy to not be on the medications ? a healthier lifestyle! I must say that the doctors and surgical staff were all attentive to me while at the clinic and I feel secure in knowing that if I have a question or problem I can call the clinic and have answers/solutions given to me. Thanks for everything. Tracy W.-Tracy W., N/A
- A highly trained efficient and friendly staff willing to go the extra mile to help ensure your wellness and health
- Our 25,000-square-foot facility is unique in being able to offer cutting-edge technology in an environment designed with natural lighting and warm colours to help promote a sense of calm and healing.
- We house four state of the art Operating Rooms, ten recovery beds and ten overnight stay rooms as well as a five bed emergency room, diagnostic ultrasound, advanced 3.0 Tesla MRI, Doppler ultrasound, ECG, bed side emergency laboratory medicine, 64 sliced CT scanner, holter, stress echo, treadmill ECG, CCTA, virtual colonography, specialist second opinion consultations, executive wellness medicine, private family practise, and a wide range of other surgical services covering all surgical disciplines
- In order to become certified to perform Lap Band System procedure, surgeons must participate in an Allergan-authorized training program. Our Lap Band? surgeons are approved by The College of Physicians & Surgeons of British Columbia.
- Our team also includes A Psychologist, who if required, will be in charge of your psychological care. A Bariatric Nutritionist to provide Dietary evaluation and pre and pos-op management.
Some of our most asked about procedures: Weight Loss Program, Medical Bariatrics, Medical Weight Loss, Body Fat Testing, Nutritional Therapy
Areas Served: Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, North Vancouver, New Westminster, Delta, Surrey, Sunbury, Port Moody, Langley