Chrysalis CosmeticsCosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery (BOTOX®)
Charles Wayne Perry, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
Describe the most rewarding experience that you have had working with a patient?
After acheiving the look a patient desires, their new smile that reveals their new self confidences and says thank you in way words cannot capture. This is the biggest reward I ever receive. Seeing patients achieve a new level of self confidience through empathetic listening and compassionate care is the most rewarding aspect of being a physician.
What is your charity organization of choice and why?
Physicians for Peace. It is so important to give back to those around us. The Waldorf School and the American River Charity. Our local community needs us all to care for it.
What does living in the Sacramento community mean to you?
A wonderful quality of life with a fantastic community and people. A vibrant city, great outdoors activities, happy healthy people, and sun shine.
What is your favorite quote or saying?
To handle yourself use your head to handle others use your heart. Eleanor Roosevelt. Compassionate Emptiness... I dream of things that are not and ask why not. Robert F. Kennedy People who feel good about themselves produce good results -Kenneth Blanchard & Spencer Johnson
What makes your specialties the right fields of medicine for you?
Being able to enhance the quality of life for someone is a gift that needs to be shared. I am so excited to see how I might be able to be a part of someones transformation.
Finish this sentence: If I weren't a doctor I would be___.
A fly fishing guide, an environmental engineer, chemistry teacherand football coach or an activist for Conservation International
When (your age) did you first realize you wanted to become a surgeon? And did you experience anything in particular to motivate you to achieve this prestigious goal?
I went to medical school to become a doctor like the one that made house calls for our family growing up on a small island. In medical school and residency as I was pulled towards the enhancement of life. My favorite quote for this is "If there were no praise or criticism in the world then who would you be?" I answer a Caring Compassionate Plastic Surgeon.
Can you tell us in your own words what you consider a perfect outcome of a surgical procedure?
A satisfied happy patient whose expectations were exceeded.
What is your favorite procedure to perform and why?
I have no favorite procedure however I enjoy a holistic approach to the body and face and am excited about facial harmony seen with an exceptional rhinoplasty or a complete facelift. I also enjoy combining breast and abdominal enhancement because they offer such a dramatic improvement.
What procedure would you like to do more of and why?
Rhinoplasties as they offer such rewarding changes. A close second is facial rejuvenation and breast enhancment.
In a perfect world, when would you like to retire, where would you go and what would you do?
I would be with family and friends fishing, boating or riding bikes somewhere on the west coast.
What Sets Us Apart
Chrysalis Cosmetics and Dr Perry believe life should be lived with beauty. Our goal is to assist you in revealing your inner beauty though exceptional holistic service, communication and surgical enhancement combined with skin care and laser technology.
- Undergraduate Education — University of Puget Sound ( Tacoma, Washington), B.A. in Chemistry
- Medical School — University of Washington ( Seattle, Washington), M.D.
- General Surgery Internship — Maricopa County Medical Center, ( Phoenix, Arizona)
- General Surgery Residency — University of Arizona ( Tucson, Arizona)
- Plastic Surgery Residency — University of Massachusetts ( Worcester, Massachusetts)
- Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Diplomat of the American Board of Surgery
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Sacramento Society fo Plastic Surgeons
- California Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
Honors and Awards
- Leonard F. Peltier Chairman’s Award for Resident Research: Percutaneous Tracheostomy Safety (2001)
- Macdonald Wood Resident Trauma Essay Award: Maricopa Medical Center (2000)
- Excellence in Medical Student Education: University of Arizona (1999, 2001)
- Academic Honors: University of Washington (1993, 1994, 1995, and 1996)
- Richard E. George, “Intern of the Year”: Maricopa Medical Center (1998)
- Positive Action Award: Pima Indian Medical Center (1997)
- Physicians for Peace
- Ecuador : Cleft lip and palate missions (March 2003 and 2004)
- Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation (2004 to present)
- Medical Outreach: X’axlip Indian Reservation (1995)
- Plastic Surgery Education Foundation
Contact a Doctor
Use the form below to request more information from a doctor in your area.
Share This Page
Credit Cards Accepted
Cost of Consultation
$100 fee applied toward surgery