The Brazilian Butt Lift is a popular plastic surgery procedure among many who wish to enhance the appearance of their buttocks. Doctors transplant fat from one part of the body to the other. The fat is removed from an undesired area then transplanted to enhance the appearance of the buttocks. In after pictures you will notice a more contoured body since a well-trained cosmetic surgeon will remove fat to improve the body’s overall appearance as well as add mass to the bottom.
Honolulu, HI plastic surgeon Dr. Larry Schleslinger, MD explains how the Brazilian Butt Lift is performed:
“I start the procedure by administering liposuction to harvest the fat cells that will be used to improve the appeal of the buttocks. The liposuction is traditional liposuction and will therefore provide an aesthetic improvement to this area as well. The harvested fat cells will be treated to ensure they are healthy and safe before inserting them into the buttocks. I'll then strategically inject the fat cells in small amounts to many places on the buttocks to provide the best aesthetic possible. Expertly injected fat cells are crucial for the success of a Brazilian Butt Lift."
Am I a Good Candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift?
If the Brazilian Butt Lift sounds like a procedure you may be interested in we want to encourage you to explore before a consultation whether you are a good candidate for the procedure or not. The following are some basic requirements of patients undergoing the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure.
- Must want to add volume to backside. If you want to remove excess tissue from the rear a traditional butt lift is a better option.
- Have you tried exercise and diet? The Brazilian butt lift is a serious medical procedure and should be used as a last resort option.
- Do you have excess fat on your body? Patients need to have fat easily available to the surgeon to transfer to the buttocks. Patients without excess deposits may want to consider a different procedure.
- Do you have sagging skin? In this case you may need to consider a traditional butt lift before the Brazilian butt lift.
- Do you have the correct body shape? A doctor will help you determine whether your body is a good match for this procedure.
If you have more questions about a Brazilian Butt lift consider going in to see a plastic surgeon for a professional consultation.
To find more information on the Brazilian Butt Lift, find a doctor in your area and get a consultation or pose a question to one of our ask a doctor panel of experts.