They say the window to the soul is the eyes. It is the most intimate way we take in the world around us. It is one of the first things people notice about you. It is definitely understandable if you want to change the appearance of your eyes for aesthetic or functional reasons.
Like any surgery, it is important to consider all the benefits and drawbacks of undergoing a procedure. While an Asian Eyelift is a safe procedure, it is still vital to take the time consider your options. That is why we’ve created a quick list of pros and cons to the Asian Eyelid Lift procedure.
Pros Of An Asian Eyelid Lift
- “You’ll have your vision restored. Many people who have hooded or droopy eyelids find it difficult to enjoy their full field of vision. By undergoing an Asian eyelid lift, clients can enjoy their full field of vision again, as well as a more youthful and revitalized appearance," according to Pinole, CA Plastic Surgeon Armen Serebrakian, M.D.
- As long as you follow the instructions of the doctor carefully, you’ll have a swift and easy recovery. It should not take more than two to three days to recover, so you need not miss a lot of work for an extended recovery period.
- The procedure is performed under local anesthesia, meaning that you won’t be put under. This reduces all of the risks associated with general anesthesia. This also means since you are away the doctor can see how the results look, so that they can get the most desirable results as possible.
Cons Of An Asian Eyelid Lift
- The results of this procedure can vary tremendously between doctor to doctor. It is imperative to find a well-trained doctor in this specific procedure to get the best results. Make sure the doctor has received good reviews, references, etc.
- Asian Eyelid Lifts are not well-suited for all patients. Some limitations that may hinder the operation include asymmetry, misdirected eyelashes, hollowness, varied crease and skin thickness. One needs to consult with a doctor to determine whether this procedure is a good match for the anatomy of their eyes.
- Patients that expect perfection are often disappointed with the results, so individuals should go into the procedure with realistic expectations.
Conclusion Regarding The Asian Eyelid Lift Procedure
Having this background information on hand when you go to the doctor will make the consultation go much smoother. After you see a doctor, take the time to carefully consider these points before deciding whether to go through with the procedure or not.
To find a qualified board certified plastic surgeon to perform an Asian Eyelid Lift, find a doctor in your area and get a consultation to learn more about its benefits.