For those of you who don’t know, acupuncture is a form of traditional Eastern medicine backed by modern science, where ultra-thin, sterile needs are inserted into specific points of the body. When stimulated, these points impact the way the body functions. Due to the versatility of this treatment, acupuncture can be used to treat a wide variety of health issues including discomfort during pregnancy and infertility.
Doctor’s approve this form of treatment due to the non-invasive, chemical free and stress free nature of acupuncture.
“Acupuncture is a safe, non-invasive and easy way to potentially increase your chances of getting pregnant, and there are many who are turning to acupuncture for fertility solutions when they are having difficulty conceiving,” Bethel, CT Acupuncturist Ingri Boe-Wiegaard said.
Here are five of the major benefits of using this form of treatment for pregnancy:
- Acupuncture can specifically target biological issues that interfere with pregnancy including follicle production, boosting lining thickness in the uterus, improving overall blood circulation, improving egg quality, and treating menstrual cycle abnormalities.
- One of the many benefits of acupuncture for everyone is that it reduces stress. For men and women, stress can hinder fertility by unbalancing hormones, lowering sperm motility and causing impotence. In addition, all pregnancies experience a great deal of stress, so this is definitely a form of treatment that would ease the symptoms of pregnancy.
- Acupuncture balances hormones, which is yet another benefit for patients experiencing fertility and for those who are pregnant already. Hormone imbalances often can disrupt various biological processes involved in getting pregnant. As for pregnant ladies, the drastic rising levels of hormones are what causes the unbearable side effects of their condition, so by rebalancing them the symptoms often let up as well.
- Once a woman is pregnant, she experiences tons of aches and pains in all stages of pregnancy. Acupuncture offers a homeopathic treatment can target common pregnancy pains including the hips, lower back and ligament by stimulating the blood flow to these areas.
- Acupuncture can often go hand in hand with other infertility treatments including IVF and eggo-donor transfer to help boosts the results. Also, acupuncture can help prevent miscarriage in patients once they do achieve pregnancy.
Like any medical treatment, patients should carefully choose an acupuncture specialist who is licensed and experienced. Specifically seeking out a fertility and pregnancy acupuncturist is a nice touch if at all possible, because they will be an expert in treating pregnant and/or infertile patients. Overall acupuncture provides a safe treatment to help smooth pregnancies along in all of its unique and beautiful phases.
To find a qualified acupuncturist, find a doctor in your area and get a consultation to learn more about its benefits.
Photo by Boemski [hhttp://goo.gl/UOvWmH]