As the color pink blankets the nation during October to raise awareness about breast cancer, LocateADoc.com is highlighting the breast self exam and breast cancer facts.
We know the truth: Giving yourself a breast exam is the last thing on your mind as you cherish the few minutes of peace and quiet you get in the shower each day! The truth of it is, if you want to keep wearing your favorite bras, you’ll need to make sure that what fills them up is healthy. So next time you take a shower, take a minute to get to know yourself a little better.
More Power To You: The Power to Detect Breast Cancer is Literally in Your Hands
1. Breast Self-Examination is effective in determining 70% of breast abnormalities.
2. 40% of diagnosed breast cancers are from women who felt a lump.
3. Breast cancer feels like a hard rock in the breast 78% of the time.
Our extensive Infographic about the Breast Self Exam and Breast Cancer Facts answers additional questions including:
- 3 Major Reasons You Should Examine Your Breasts
- How To give Yourself a Breast Exam
- What You Do If You Find a Lump (Don't Panic)
Click the image below to check out the full Breast Cancer Awareness Infographic.