Shades of pink surround us this month as everyone works hard to raise awareness for breast cancer and finding a cure. There are so many opportunities to get involved with supporting the fight for breast cancer. Whether you’re a survivor, know a family member impacted by this disease, a shoulder to lean on for a close friend, or just willing to lend a helping hand, there are many ways to make a worthy difference in the fight against breast cancer.
We ventured out online and quickly found a bunch of ways you can get involved. Here are 5 of the best ways you can get involved and help make a difference in raising the awareness of breast cancer helping in the fight:
- For all you eBay shoppers or sellers, buy or sell something pink on eBay and enter to win a holiday shopping spree. Each action will donate to the breast cancer charity of your choice.
- The American Cancer Society holds a Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk to unite communities, raise awareness and money in fighting this disease. Search for a local event in your area.
- Where are the NFL fans? Ticketmaster is donating a portion of the proceeds from all NFL tickets sold on ticketmaster.com and NFL ticket exchange in the month of October to benefit breast cancer research and treatment.
- For those who love to love their furry companion, check out goodpawsgoodcause.org , a great organization who supports many charities through sale proceeds. The proceeds to raise breast cancer awareness will go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Purchase ‘Pink Fur a Cure’ apparel and accessories for you and your furry friends.
- Who likes sandwiches? We do! During the month of October, Boar’s Head, a leading provider of prime delicatessen products, is proudly donating $1 to every new “like” on the official Boar’s Head facebook page, up to $10,000, to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® in support of breast cancer research. So visit their page and help make a difference.
How have you gotten involved before and how was that impacted those that are close to you? We would love to hear your personal stories below.
Photo courtesy of Young Medical Spa