Now that Botox has a new contender on the market, many people are considering alternatives to the standard Botox treatment to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles. Dysport is the newest injectable that promises to zap away the signs of aging and create a more youthful appearance, and there are several other options in anti-aging.
Forbes.com recently reported on seven of the most popular FDA-approved treatments on the market. Here’s a rundown of their findings:
1. Restylane– an injectable that has been injected over 10 million times since its introduction in 2004, Restylane has become a popular choice for many people ready to stop the clock without getting a facelift.
2. Perlane – this injectable made its way to the U.S. market in 2007, and is designed primarily for treating deeper wrinkles. Most people do not need touch up treatments of Perlane for about six months.
3. Radiesse – this thick compound is made with the same materials as bones and teeth, and reportedly stimulates collagen production. This helps create a more youthful, contoured appearance.
4. Evolence – one of the newer injectables on the market, Evolence is made with pig collagen, and helps create plumper cheeks and lips, and a more youthful appearance.
5. Prevelle Silk – this gel filler is made with hyularonic acid, and is commonly used for lip augmentation treatments.
6. Juvederm – Like Perlane, this filler is designed for deeper wrinkles and to create more contours on the face. It is often used as part of a ‘liquid facelift’ treatment.
7. Dysport – the newest filler on the market, this injectable is similar in chemical structure to Botox and is designed to get rid of wrinkles on the forehead, and tighten up sagging skin around the cheekbones and jaw. The injectable is now available in the United States.