Discolored gums can be the result of genetics, smoking, poor health and even a side effect of acne treatments.
However, an innovative gum bleaching treatment may be able to restore dark, pigmented gums back to a healthy pink state. A Beverly Hills cosmetic dentist by the name of Dr. Alex Farnoosh offers these unique treatments at his office, and explains that gum bleaching is a valuable alternative to painful, and sometimes ineffective, laser surgery. Dark gums that are treated with laser technology run the risk of damaging surrounding tissues, and can have a negative effect on existing teeth.
According to Dr. Farnoosh's site TheTotalSmile.com, gum bleaching offers several benefits including:
- Quick and effective procedure - instant results with treatments lasting less than an hour
- Restoring confidence by improving the smile overall
- Customized treatment to target specific areas of the gums
- Easily integrates with other cosmetic dentistry procedures
- Little or no complications, only a brief period of sensitivity in the treatment area
- Inexpensive procedure
Dr. Farnoosh explains how this procedure works in this video: