Accetta Institute of Cosmetic SurgeryCosmetic Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery (BOTOX®), Obstetrics & Gynecology
You have clicked on LocateADoc.com's Main Before and After Pictures page, which will take you away from August David Accetta, M.D., F.A.C.O.G.'s profile.
Otherwise, continue to our Main Before and After Pictures page.
August David Accetta, M.D., F.A.C.O.G.
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Cosmetic Gynecologists
Describe the most rewarding experience that you have had working with a patient?
Generally, the most rewading part of my experience as a cosmetic surgeon is meeting the personal challenges of my patients. For example, many women have severe breast asymettry, which results in one breast being one two two cup sizes than the other breast. Before our work in Natural Breast Augmentation (NBA) a woman had to choose between doing nothing or placing an articifical implant in the smaller side. Fortunately, we can now completely resolve this problem by removing fat from an unwanted area and transffering it to restore full volume in the effected breast. This procedure is one of many benefits of NBA (as an example) which has been most rewarding to me as it has resulted in hundreds of women having regained self confidence without an articifical solution.
What makes your specialties the right fields of medicine for you?
Over the last five years my cosmetic surgical practice has evolved into a completely natural alternative to plastic surgery. Specifically, I have taken all of the procedures I had performed using artificial implants, e.g. breast, chin, buttocks, and am now able to create an even better outcome using either fat or tissue transfers. As to what that is right for me, I have grown more and more pro-natural in my philosophies and beliefs, on a personal level, which is why the procuedures I now offer are a natural fit to my personal approach and belief as they pertain to my daily life and practice. Thus, there is no conflict between my personal beliefs and what I practice as a surgeon.
Can you tell us in your own words what you consider a perfect outcome of a surgical procedure?
Ther perfect outcome in my definition is achieving the full expectations set out by the patient. I make sure that in the consulation prior to surgery, that I, as well as my staff, understand those expectations, and work closely with each patient through the process to achive that perfect outcome, If I feel that a patient's expectations, based on my 25 years of surgical experience, is not achievable, I am very honest and up front to make sure the individual does not embrace a false sense of what the surgical outcome can and can not achieve.
What is your favorite procedure to perform and why?
I can't say that I have a favorite procedure. If it is a Natural Breast Augmentation (NBA), Tummy Tuck Laser Vaginal Rejuvination (LVR), Liposulpture, or even one of our other asethic services, I still have the same sense of provide and satifaction in working with each patient to satsify their personal goals.
What procedure would you like to do more of and why?
It is not so much wanting to do more of any procedure more, but I constantly strive to do each procedure better and to make sure that I am always current with the most recent developments in my field. For example, most recently, platelet rich plasma (PRP) has bursted onto the scene of cosmetic suregery, greatly improving fat survival skin health and loss of volume concerns. This is a tremendous advantage over prior technology and increases the "youthful" result of the procedure with rapid healing and less recovery time. This use of PRP can be used in the face, breasts, and can be used to treat many common skin conditions.
What Sets Us Apart
Dr. Accetta is the first cosmetic surgeon in Ca. to perform Natural Breast Augmentation & one of only a few doctors specializing in Uro-gynecology, including Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation & Labiaplasty. Other services include Liposuction and Tummy Tucks.
Experience in the Profession
- 22 years of pelvic reconstructive surgery
- 22 year of advanced surgical laser experience
- 15 years abdominoplasty, liposuction
- Private practice for past twenty years in the field of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Urogynecology
- Practice in the field of Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery since 1991
- Practice for the past six years in the field of Cosmetic Gynecology
- Actively involved in research for treatment of Urogynecologic abnormalities
- Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery, Gynecology, Urogynecology
- Hospital/Surgical Center Affiliations
- Hoag Memorial Hospital, Newport Beach
- Newport Surgery Center, Newport Beach
- Advanced Surgical Institute
- Undergraduate Studies: Calif. State University, Long Beach 1979-1982
- Post Graduate/Medical School: Marquette Medical College of Wisconsin 1982-1986
Residency & Training
- Kern County Medical Center: Obstetrics & Gynecology: 1986-1990
- UCLA Medical Center: Obstetrics & Gynecology: 1986-1990
- Kern Country Medical Center: Urology: 1988-1990
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology: November, 1995-Present
- Medical Board of California: October, 1987-Present
- Controlled Substance Registration Certificate: October, 1987-Present
- American Urogynecology Society
Specialized/Post Graduate Training
- Advanced Lipostructure w/ Advanced Fat Grafting, Course Director: Harold Bafitis,M.D., Plastic Surgery
- Traditional and Awake Abdominoplasty, Course Director: Harold Bafitis,M.D., Plastic Surgery
- Tumescent Liposuction, Course Director: Harold Bafitis,M.D., Plastic Surgery
- Laser Blepharoplasty, Course Director: Richard Goldfarb, M.D., Plastic and Vascular Surgery
- Natural Breast Augmentation, Course Director: Todd Malan, M.D., Cosmetic Surgeon, FACOG
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation|, Course Director: David Matlock, M.D. Cosmetic Surgeon, FACOG
- Vaser Liposuction® Certification, Course Director; DUNCAN TURNER, M.D., FACOG
- Cool Lipo/Smart Lipo™ Laser Liposuction Certification, Course Director: Duncan Turner, M.D., FACOG
- Advanced Laser Surgery
- Awake Tumescent Liposuction Specialized Training
- Traditional Abdominoplasty Training
- Candela® Laser Specialized Procedures for Pigmented & Vascular Lesions
- Interstim Therapy Physician Education Program
- Fluoroscopy X-Ray Supervision and Operations
- City of Hope Voiding Dysfunction Treatments
- Diagnostic & Operative Hysteroscopy
- Advanced Pelviscopy
- Gynecologic Laparoscopy
- Urogynecological Surgery
- Vaginal Surgery
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists Postgraduate Courses
Contact a Doctor
Use the form below to request more information from a doctor in your area.
Share This Page
Credit Cards Accepted
Call the office for complete details
Cost of Consultation