Medical Treatment of Endometriosis Ask A Doctor Questions and Answers on


Q&A: Can I expect the pain associated with intercourse as a result of endometriosis to go away?

Daniel Potter, MD, FACOG Picture - I had been having painful, heavy periods and pain with intercourse for about a year. I went in for my annual exam and my Dr. thought I may have endometriosis. He also noted that my cervix was "drawn" ... View full question & answer >>

Q&A: At age 49, should I wait for menopause to be the cure for endometriosis and the cyst in my ovary?

Daniel Potter, MD, FACOG Picture - I recently had laparascopic surgery because of a small cyst in my ovary. My doctor was planning to remove the ovary. Instead he tells me that I have 4th-stage endometriosis and that it was best to leave ... View full question & answer >>

Q&A: Can I do if I do not seems to be able to get pregnant and I have abdomen pain from certain sexual positions?

SCOTT ROSEFF, MD, FACOG, Director Picture - I am a 31 year old white female and have had the same problems since I was 19. #1. I was married once before for 10yrs and never conceived, although he already had a child from a previous relationship. ... View full question & answer >>

Q&A: Could I have cancer at age 21 if I was treated for endometriosis and I still have pains from my anus to my abdomen?

Daniel Potter, MD, FACOG Picture - i have a sharp pain that goes in from my anus to my abdomen, sometimes it goes in from my vigina to my abdomen. i have had it for over 6 years, the pain comes as often as every week or two. doctors thought ... View full question & answer >>

Q&A: What type of doctor do I meed to see if I have endometriosis and might need laparoscopic surgery?

Daniel Potter, MD, FACOG Picture - I am having trouble finding a OBGYN. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and might need Laparospic surgery. I found one who seems good. He is a member of the Amer. Assoc. of Gyno. Laparoscopists and Society ... View full question & answer >>