Q&A: What should I do about a mole that has changed size?

Ask A Doctor Question: 

I have a mole on my arm that has changed size. What should I do and what will it cost? 

- Laura


Barry Lycka, MD, FRCP(C), ABD - LocateADoc.com

Unfortunately, I cannot determine with an email.
I strongly suggest that you see your family doctor for a referral and we will be in contact with you shortly thereafter.

--Barry Lycka, MD, FRCP(C), ABD


Dima Ali, M.D. - LocateADoc.com

Moles come in many different varieties.  A mole that changes in size, color or dimension or a mole that "just doesn't look right" is cause for concern.  The best thing to do is have a trained eye examine the mole for irregularities.  Then a determination can be made as to whether a biopsy is needed.  If not, it can still be removed if its appearance bothers you.  The cost depends on the size of the mole which will be measured at the time of the appointment..  I hope this answers your question!

--Dima Ali, M.D.
Reston, VA

LocateADoc.com does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Ask A Doctor Q&A content. Read full conditions of use here.