Q&A: What kind of doctor would help with pain and tearing from a tummy tuck 3 years ago?

Ask A Doctor Question: 

I had a tummy tuck 3 years ago and am now experiencing a tearing and pain on the right side. I can feel a suture inside and have aching pain from the tearing. I would prefer to not go back to my initial plastic surgeon due to some complications that occurred. What kind of doctor would be best to see for this issue?

- Jade


Paul C. Zwiebel, MD -

I am very sorry to hear that you are having pain and discomfort after your tummy tuck. 
You may be having some inflammation or scar reaction to retained sutures, in which case, removing the sutures or scar might alleviate the symptoms.
If you prefer to not return to the surgeon who performed your original procedure. I would suggest you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

--Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Littleton, CO does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Ask A Doctor Q&A content. Read full conditions of use here.