Q&A: What can I do to help with scars from removed tattoos?

Ask A Doctor Question: 

I have two scars on my arms - one looks like a band but does not go all the way around and the other one is on my other arm and is pretty small in size. I have the scars as a result of tattoos removed surgically years ago. However, I am not pleased with the way the scars look and was hoping there was a way to make them at least look less noticeable, or to the point where I don't feel self conscious about them anymore. What can I do?


Steven S Carp, MD, FACS - LocateADoc.com

The options will be based on the scars.  This is a difficult question to answer without seeing the area of concern.  I would strongly suggest a consultation so that you may receive accurate information.

--Steven S Carp, MD, FACS
Uniontown, OH


Todd Koch, MD - LocateADoc.com

Without seeing the scars you are referencing, it is difficult to comment on revision.  I suggest you see a plastic surgeon in your area for an evaluation.

--Todd Koch, MD
Buffalo, NY

LocateADoc.com does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Ask A Doctor Q&A content. Read full conditions of use here.