Q&A: What can I do to hear better with wax build up in my ears?

Ask A Doctor Question: 

I have had an isssue with wax build up in my ears for years. I am unable to hear people if they are whispering or talking low. Would I need a hearing aid or would I just need to get me ears cleaned by a doctor to resolve the problem?

- Oneka


Richard Gillespie, MD -

The patient will need a consult with the physician to check the wax impaction and have it chcked first. After that is settled, a hearing exam would be scheduled. Please call our office for an appointment. Thank you for your inquiry.

--Richard Gillespie, MD
Charlotte, NC does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Ask A Doctor Q&A content. Read full conditions of use here.