Q&A: What can I do to fix a scar from an infected belly piercing?

Ask A Doctor Question: 

I have a scar from a belly piercing . It got infected and some skin fell off can this be grafted? It's been a good few years so skin has healed now. 

- Ap


Eric P Bachelor - LocateADoc.com

It would be best to excise and revise the scar you have.  This will give you a much better result.  The procedure can easily be performed under local anesthesia

--Eric P Bachelor
Pleasanton, CA


William W. Ehrlich, MD FAACS - LocateADoc.com

Without pictures and/or an actual examination. it's almost impossible to give you a useful answer to this question.  I would look for a cosmetic/plastic surgeon in your area and schedule an actual  consultation. If you would like online opinions from other surgeons, several good JPEG photos will be required.

--William W. Ehrlich, MD FAACS
Oklahoma City, OK

LocateADoc.com does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Ask A Doctor Q&A content. Read full conditions of use here.