Q&A: Is IVF possible after tubes being tied and husband with erectile dysfunction?

Ask A Doctor Question: 

I got my tubes tied almost 7 years ago after my 3rd pregnancy. I just got married a few months back and would like to have a baby with my husband.However, he suffers with erectile dysfunction. Is it possible for us to have In Vitro if we are both are fertile without having a tubal reversal? And if he is sterile- can I have Artificial Insemination on top of a tubal?

- Beth


James W. Douglas, MD - LocateADoc.com

In Vitro would be the best way to bypass both the tubal ligation and the erectile dysfunction.  Your chances of pregnancy should be very good.

--James W. Douglas, MD
Plano, TX

LocateADoc.com does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Ask A Doctor Q&A content. Read full conditions of use here.