Q&A: How can I handle panic attacks without medication?

Ask A Doctor Question: 

I'm having panic attacks and they come on all of the sudden...at times I can tell when i'm just about to have an attack. I really need too see a physician that can help me. I have tried several physicians..but once they place me on a medication that seems to help control the attacks they take me off the med. I have tried several medications that haven't really helped me out with my attacks. Please Help. Thanks

- Lisa


Jon Cole, PhD - LocateADoc.com

If you haven’t already done so, I recommend that you see a mental health therapist to help you with your panic attacks.  They can fully assess your problems, provide treatment, make recommendations and refer you to a psychiatrist who can prescribe and manage your medications.

--Jon Cole, PhD
Grayslake, IL


Meredith Strauss, LCSW - LocateADoc.com

I would like to find out more about the details of your case and I am happy to provide a phone consultation free of charge.  Therapy may be a good option for you to consider as an adjunct to medication to help alleviate your symptoms. You can feel free to contact me and I can call you. 

--Meredith Strauss, LCSW
Short Hills, NJ

LocateADoc.com does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Ask A Doctor Q&A content. Read full conditions of use here.