Q&A: Can my tubes be reversed if they have been burned?

Ask A Doctor Question: 

Can my tubes be reversed if they have been cut, tied, burnt and a space taken out between them?

- Heather Whitaker


Ravi Trivedi, M.D. -

Hi Heather,
Good Question. When the doctor has burned the tube, we do not know if any reasonable ( functioning) tune is left. I recommend a laparoscopy first to detect the condition of the tubes and the pelvic organs. (If there are many adhesions, the reversal is difficult and may not work.)  This reply is also to inform you that I have retired from the practice. Please consult any good Ob-Gyn who has aptitude in tubal reversal and you will be in good hands. All the best.

--Ravi Trivedi, M.D.
Hoffman Estates, IL does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Ask A Doctor Q&A content. Read full conditions of use here.