Q&A: After having gastric bypass a few months ago, what can I do for my stomach bulging after I eat?

Ask A Doctor Question: 

i had gastric bypass done in 95 in the last three months i have been experiencing my stomach to buldge its bigger after i eat.i am concerned is there any thing to do for this. ps when i wake up in the morn it is not big/bludging

- Debbie


Keith Norton Marshall, DO -

It sounds like you may have an incisional hernia. Was your original surgery open? Does it go in and out? Sounds like it does get smaller in am.
I recommend you see a surgeon, preferably a Bariatric surgeon as it should be repaired. The intestines can twist or get trapped if not treated. You might need a CT first. Call me if you have any questions. You can call the office if you want to make an appointment.

--Keith Norton Marshall, DO
Warren, MI


Laura L. Machado, M.D., F.A.C.S. -

You should be evaluated by a bariatric surgeon.

--Laura L. Machado, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Sacramento, CA does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Ask A Doctor Q&A content. Read full conditions of use here.