Genioplasty Questions and Answers Archive


Q&A: Is it possible to have my chin reduced in length?


My chin looks very long looking at me from the side (in my opinion a witch)I want it cut or somehow fixed. Is that possible???

- Jennifer


 Gregory Caputy, MD, Chief Surgeon -

Dear Jennifer, A long chin is relatively easily treated with a reduction genioplasty where the bone is cut and a portion removed or set back. The anterior/posterior positioning must be also considered in this process. I would suggest that you visit with a craniofacial specialist in your area for the best treatment of this kind.

-- Gregory Caputy, MD, Chief Surgeon
Honolulu, Hawaii